Subject: [Fwd: ISO 6523]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	ISO 6523
Date: 	Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:45:54 +0200
From: 	Otto Mueller <omueller@zurichcci.ch>
To: 	"Yukinori Saito" <y-saito@ecom.jp>, Keisuke Kibakura
<kibakura@jp.fujitsu.com>, \Monica J. Martin" <monica.martin@sun.com>
CC: 	Mueller, Adrian, EDIRA <adrian.mueller@edira.org>, Man-Sze Li
<msli@icfocus.co.uk>

Dear all,
We encountered your discussions about the implementation of ISO-6523
identifiers in ebXML and UDDI. We are dealing with the same topic.
We are working in the EDIRA association (http://www.edira.org). EDIRA
(EDI/EC Registration Authorities Association) is a not-for-profit membership
organization for the promotion of the ICD (International Code Designator
according to ISO 6523).
The latest version of the of the list of ICD values can be found at our
website (http://www.edira.org/download/icd-list.doc).
We are also preparing a CEN Workshop Agreement (CWA, a standard approved by
a group of experts). This standard deals about a so called Top Level Service
(TLS) which is a simple resolution and verification service of hierarchic
identifiers according ISO 6523. Attached we send you the latest draft of
this standard.
We have also implemented such a TLS as a Java-Servlet. See "TLS" on the
EDIRA website.
Are you interested to give some input for the mentioned draft CWA?
Are you interested to join the EDIRA association?
We are looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Otto Mueller, EDIRA chairman
Adrian Mueller, EDIRA technical manager