Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa-comment] Public Comment

Hi Dale,

If the cardinality in the schema is unbounded, the text should say "1 or more". In addition, the text should be clarified by adding the points you mentioned.

If the CPA has to contain exactly one SignatuareAlgorithm element in each place while the CPP can contain more than one, then the text should explain this. If the CPA can contain more than one SignatureAlgorithm element with ordering by preference, then the text should say so. Obviously, the schema cannot enforce the difference between CPP and CPA rules, so the text must have clear normative statements about the difference.

The correct place in the specification to put the points in the above paragraph is in Section 9 "CPA definition" as is done with other elements whose treatments are different in the CPP and CPA. It should probably be in a new second-level (9.X) section "SenderNonRepudiation and ReceiverNonRepudiation Elements".  The text in 8.4.43. and 8.4.54 should say:
 "...1 or more SignatureAlgorithm elements.  See the discussion in (cross. ref. to section 9.x) on the differences between the cardinalty in the CPP and CPA."