Subject: The importance of the CPA

Hi CPPA team

Working with a real world commercial ebXML system it becomes obvious that the CPA becomes a very very important document for runtime. The ebXML Message Service Handler runs based on information found in the CPA. If ebXML collaboration systems support collaborative business processes, they will use the ProcessSpecification element of the CPA. So the CPA is the central document for the ebXML runtime environment.

To me the current most important job is to make sure that a CPA instance is correct.

It is not sufficient that the CPA passes the ebXML CPPA schema validation.

I start to call these additional test "CPA integrity" tests.

o One example is, that the value of the OtherPartyActionBinding must be present in the other party Info element as a ThisPartyActionBinding.

Was there ever an intention of this TC to have other normative deliverables than the CPPA schema?

I think of normative Schematron rules. Or is the intention to leave this to the implementors. A public place for core normative "CPA integrity" rules would foster ebXML collaboration systems interoperability.

What do people think?

Regards

Sacha