Subject: Teleconference report and ebXML CPPA reading "assignment"

Today Marty, Pete, Sacha and Dale agreed that it seemed appropriate to have our next teleconference Jan 14 (2nd Friday of the new year) followed by a Jan 28 conference.

Monica and Kartha were both traveling today, and Kartha informed me that he would be traveling next week as well.

So Negotiation issue discussion seems best postponed until the new year.

Meanwhile, Dale reported on continued work on the 2.1 schema, backwards compatibility research, cleaning up some examples of extensions for wsdl, and other maintenance issues.

We agreed to take up the initial discussion of the 2.1 maintenance version Jan. 14 2005.

Sacha also mentioned a question to the comment list about how CPPA would document BPSS models where two (or more) business document envelopes were associated with the Response of a business transaction. Dale and Sacha agreed that the most explicit treatment would give separate names to the Actions of each of these Responses, and so have distinct CanSend items for the two business documents. The current rules would also allow there to be one action that covered both documents, just regarding the distinction in documents as a higher business application layer concern. Since the whole topic of Service, Action values needs to be revisited for the “converged” ebXML Messaging 3.0 (so that Service values could match with wsdl:service values), we will include the issue raised in the comment during the clarification of values and correspondences that emerges for BPSS 2.0, CPPA 2.1, and Messaging 3.0.

We adjourned and indicated we would talk again next year!

Dale Moberg