Subject: Proposed Agenda OASIS ebXML CPPA Teleconference June 24, 2005 8 AM PST

Teleconference numbers:

706 679 5113

877 204 8750

SessionID 4806272648#

Agenda

Announcements

Status update on 2.1 Maintenance edits

Editor is seeking input on Transport extensibility

  1. Add attribute for “method” (such as GET, PUT, POST for http or ftp cmds such as STOR or RETR ?
  2. ebMS PUSH model discussion, discussion of terminology
  3. ebMS MEP (message exchange pattern) WSDL MEP, SOAP MEP, transfer protocol – do we document how these layers work? The terminology in this area is becoming convoluted to handle. ebMS MEPs that have 2

One main area is in getting agreement about conventions such as:

Is CanSend/CanReceive always tied to the ebXML business level message?

The reason for this question is that ebMS 3.0 plans to use a non-business SOAP Request to solicit an ebMS Request that arrives over the SOAP Response (which is also the HTTP response). For such a Transport configuration, the CanSend has an Endpoint URL and the CanReceive has or can have a WSDL DocExchange in which it is sending a SOAP message.

While it is possible to sort all this out with extensions, I am wondering if there might be a simpler way or, if not that, a clearer way of indicating what is going on.

At the moment the Transport elements will probably need extensions or modification because the CanSend usually lacks an Endpoint URL. Should we create new substitution group elements for these new capabilities?