Subject: Time to move on

ebXML friends and colleagues:

At the last CPPA TC conference call, I announced my departure from ebXML.

I retired from IBM on Feb. 1, 2003. I continued to work on the negotiation
specification, under an arrangement with Cyclone Commerce, until the draft
in progress was completed (May 2004) and have continued to participate
since then. Meanwhile, my personal activities as a retiree have continued
to grow. Beginning August 31, I will be going back to school, in a manner
of speaking. Yale has a program under which an alumnus can audit any course
in Yale College including participation in classroom discussion and
preparation of assignments for criticism by the instructor. I have joined
that audit program starting the upcoming semester and plan to actively
participate in all phases of each course. In order to make room in my
schedule for the Yale program, I am eliminating some other activities.

The past five years' activities with ebXML, starting in 2000 with the
formation and leading of the CPPA TC, and later leading the Negotiation SC,
have been extremely fulfilling, both professionally and personally.
However, the time has come to move on.

I would like to wish the ebXML teams continued success and a growing
population of using companies.

Best regards,
Marty Sachs

Martin Sachs