Subject: Must a CPA always require a CollaborationRole per Party?

Hi ebCPPA team

What is the shortest possible CPA?

Unfortunately a CPA requires at least 1 CollaborationRole per PartyInfo.
This makes sense when we want to exchange business documents of a
collaborative business process.

To "just" test MSH connectivity between two MSH's but still be based on
the configuration of a CPA (for PartyInfo configuration, delivery
channel with transport protocol and transport protocol endpoint, and
document exchange configuration) we would not need the CollaborationRole
per PartyInfo because there is none.

The alternative would be to add a dummy CollaborationRole including a dummy ProcessSpecification element, a dummy Role element and an empty ServiceBinding element.

Was there ever a discussion to add a minOccurs="0" to the
CollaborationRole element in the CPPA XML schema?

Regards

Sacha