Subject: [ebxml-cppa] CPP/A 10/14/2005: Starting Comments on v2.1 Working CPP/ADraft (updated)

mm2: See at end of this email a few comments. Thanks.

> [...]
> CPP/A schema.
>
> 3. Note: Also see comment on Section 8.4.5.
>
> 4. At some point in the future, may wish to consider if a combined
> approach is used where it is know whether or not a business
> transaction is or isn't used in more than one context (reuse question)
> and accommodate both together in the CPP/A. The sections that talk
> about this variability (at least to me) are somewhat confusing. The
> model of a business transaction is that it is reusable.
>
> Section 8.4.14.3
> EDITORIAL:
> Change from:
> The isConfidential attribute has the possible values of "none",
> "transient", "persistent", and "transient-and-persistent". These
> values MUST be interpreted as defined by the ebXML Business Process
> Specification Schema[ebBPSS].
> Change to:
> The isConfidential attribute has the possible values of "none",
> "transient", "persistent", and "transient-and-persistent". These
> values MUST be interpreted as defined by the process specification
> such as ebXML Business Process Specification Schema[ebBPSS], when used.
>
> Section 8.4.14.10
> If this is true:
> "When synchronous reply mode is in use (see Section 8.4.23.1), the
> TimeToPerform value SHOULD be used as the connection timeout."
> Then the CPP/A needs to deal with the fact that the TTP is not static
> and could be acquired and bound at runtime (thus establishing the
> timeout parameter). Verify, if applicable, this is handled or
> identified as subject to future changes.
>
> Section 8.4.16
> EDITORIAL:
> Change from:
> The ActionContext element has the following elements:
> zero or one CollaborationActivity element,
> zero or more [XML SCHEMA-1] wildcard elements.
>
> The ActionContext element also has the following attributes:
> a REQUIRED binaryCollaboration attribute,
> a REQUIRED businessTransactionActivity attribute,
> a REQUIRED requestOrResponseAction attribute.
>
> NOTE: See Section 10.6 for a description of the ActionContext2 element
> that is used for Process Specifications conforming to [ebBPSS2].
>
> Change to:
> The ActionContext element has the following elements:
> zero or one CollaborationActivity element,
> zero or more [XML SCHEMA-1] wildcard elements.
>
> The ActionContext2 element also has the following attributes:
> a REQUIRED businessCollaboration attribute, [1]
> a REQUIRED businessTransactionActivity attribute,
> a REQUIRED requestOrResponseAction attribute.
>
> NOTE: See section 10.6 for a description of the ActionContext2 element
> that is used for Process Specifications conforming to [ebBPSS2].
>
> [1] See previous comment on Section 8.4.12 related to change of name
> of BinaryCollaboration. Same holds true for Section 8.4.16.1,
> 8.4.16.2, etc. (like I said, global change may be required).

[start2] second set of comments
Section 8.4.5
What considerations are needed for CPA to support MPC?
[add] Must address in B4 as well.

Section 8.4.23
May need to re-evaluate these sections regarding synchronous messaging
and what is included in the ebXML message. Section is primarily focused
on synchronous exchanges with no corresponding asynchronous.

Section 8.4.23.1
May need to abstract this as other process specifications may not
recognize the concepts of Receipt and Acceptance Acknowledgements.

Section 8.4.23.3
On this "NOTE:  By enabling the use of signed Acknowledgment for
reliably delivered messages, a weak form of non-repudiation of receipt
can be supported. This is considered weaker than the Receipt
Acknowledgment signal because no schema check can be performed on the
payload prior to the return of the Acknowledgment. The
ackSignatureRequested attribute can be set independent of the value for
the isNonRepudiationReceiptRequired attribute under the
BusinessTransactionCharacteristics element. Thus, even if the original
Process-Specification specifies that non-repudiation of receipt is to be
performed, the CPP and/or CPA can override this requirement, set
isNonRepudiationReceiptRequired to "false" and ackSignatureRequested to
"always" and thereby achieve the weak form of non-repudiation of receipt."
May need to re-evaluate in the future whether or not this override is
allowed under party expectations; if those expectations are explicit,
may need to recognize that and provide a constraint.

===
Note:
1. Didn't review sections under revision for transport, endpoints, etc.
2. Didn't review appendices pending changes.
===

Section 8.4.41
May need revisions in this section relative to ebMS v3.0:
"Semantics of reliable messaging are explained in the ebXML Message
Service specification[ebMS] chapter on Reliable Messaging Combinations."

Section 9.5.2
Would the concurrentConversations also apply to the number of concurrent
BTA in play for a business collaboration within a given process definition?

Section 9.12
If there is an override, for example of security or non-repudiation
(weaker implementation), this affects the parties'  expectations. How is
this resolved, or is it referenced back to a TPA that allows such (and
if so, to what extent)? Does the process specification need to specify
which characteristics may or not may be overridden?

Section 10.5.3
Given the recent extensions for OperationMapping in ebBP, may wish to
use part of that description in this section where the WSDL location is
specified (and relevant as a map to the abstract operation name in the
process description).
[end2]