Subject: ebBP 1/16/2006: UBL SBS ebBP Modular Process Definitions with CPP/A

Forgive the cross-posting...

In the last few weeks, the ebBP TC assisted with and reviewed the
development of modular process definitions for UBL Small Business Subset
v1.0 that has initiated a vote for Committee Draft and Public Review.
[1] The UBL SBS modular process definitions can be found in the ebBP
email archives. [2] This is a significant milestone as we see the use of
UBL SBS, CPP/A, ebBP v2.0.1 and ebMS (tested by Cyclone).

In our meeting last week Stephen Green of UBL and Sacha Schlegel
(Cyclone for ebBP) presented the UBL SBS ebBP and CPPA package to the
team. Green has worked very hard with Sacha Schlegel to produce this
work, and we commend them for their efforts. Today, the ebBP team
discussed how this work:

a. Shows how UBL, UBL SBS, ebBP, CPPA and ebMS may be used effectively
together.

b. Provides modular process definitions as standard building blocks to
develop more detailed process definitions (using the mechanism to
include packages) and complex collaborations. This is a very important
step that provides flexibility for interested user communities - whereby
they can add more capabilities and functionality (of standard business
processes and business documents) in an iterative fashion given their
evolving needs. As Stephen put it, it allows a 'dating game' between
potential partners.

c. Shows CPA based on the ebBP process definition. This functionality
has been tested with two software products and performed well per Sacha
Schlegel.

This work along with other activities to develop an ebBP template
profile in ebXML IIC [3] and the editor work from freebxmlbp are very
important steps to serve our user community [4]. We anticipate that
these examples will be including in an examples package on the ebBP web
site before the end of January 2006.

ebBP team wishes to thank Stephen for his work with our TC, and the
collaboration with UBL. I believe the combination of capabilities will
be important to enabling our respective user communities. [5]

Thank you.
OASIS ebBP TC
Dale Moberg, co-chair, Cyclone Commerce (Axway)
Monica J. Martin, co-chair,

===
[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ballot.php?id=924
[2] TC:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/email/archives/200601/msg00025.html

Public: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200601/msg00025.html
[3] Draft only,
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-iic/200512/msg00001.html (public)
[4] freebxmlbp
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=16091&wg_abbrev=ebxml-bp
[5] Note sent to UBL chair as requested by Green:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200601/msg00040.html (public)