Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Questions

Hi Dale,

Thanks a lot! That is a good summary.

I know some industries in Japan are going to use ebMS3.0
very soon. Actually they are developing some
implementations. However CPPA3.0 was missing,
so they seemed to define their CPA parameters for
ebMS3.0 by themselves.
When CPPA TC is going to start new work for CPPA3.0,
those experiences may be good inputs to the TC, I believe.

Regards,

Iwasa
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale Moberg" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>
To: "iwasa" <kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com>; <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:37 PM

Hi Iwasa,

Answers follow questions

From: iwasa [mailto:kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:49 PM
To: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Questions

I have some questions about the plan of new CPPA spec,
since some organizations in Japan are adopting ebMS3.0,
and asking me when CPPA3.0 spec is ready.

Q1. Is this TC working new CPPA spec (3.0? 2.X?) which
       can be used for ebMS3.0?

DaleMoberg>> The TC is working on a version 2.1 specification that adds
extensibility and illustrations of extensibility and also "rolls up" all
errata and requests for enhancements that have explicitly been made to
the TC.

So the 2.1 version will include support for ebBP (BPSS 2.0),
enhancements that support WSDL, alternative messaging approaches (EDIINT
AS1,2,3), and other items.

Some Transport enhancements will be made that are relevant to ebMS 3.0
as it currently is available. Whether we delay 2.1 until 3.0 is at least
a Committee Specification is not something the TC has explicitly
discussed.

If the ebMS 3.0 draft is stable, there could be an effort to check that
any new configuration parameters are available as extensions or changes.
Our goal in 2.1 is to remain compatible with 2.0 in the sense that 2.0
CPPA instances will be valid (when modified to point at the new
namespace and schema). Major simplifications of CPPA will be taken up
when a new charter for CPPA 3.0 work is agreed upon.

Q2. If so, where can I get the latest spec or draft?

The draft is only an editor's copy, and a refresh is due this month (in
progress). There should be an old draft available on the web site or in
the list archive. Check
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-cppa
and look for an April draft from 2005 or wait until about March for the
update with another year's worth of changes, edits, etc.

Q3. And what is the schedule to make it OASIS standard,
       or Committee Specification?

We have agreed to aim at least for 2.1 as a Committee Specification, and
our target is around the middle of this year.

I'm not following the TC discussions these days,
but if someone can update me with the above questions,
that would be appreciated. I will inform customer organizations
that are planning to adopt new CPPA spec with the answers.

Thanks,

Iwasa