Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Issue: should BusinessTransactionCharacteristics bemade zero or one in future CPPA schemas (v 2.1 and 3.x)

>moberg: ....When using BPSS (especially 2.0), and when not changing any values from
>those in the BPSS instance, the BusinessTransactionCharacteristics
>attributes end up repeating information in the BPSS instance. In
>addition, the QOS parameters needed for a message service are generally
>independently documented in specialized sections of the DocExchange
>element or in the Transport, so the "abstract" features of the BTC tend
>to just summarize the real configuration details.

mm1: Not a mention of for/against, I'd say that one of the values of the
CPP/A is that it can help glue together the business process and the
messaging, via views into both. As we've already seen, there is more
work to be done that respects those business requirements that transform
into technical configuration and messaging constraints and details. I
think we should weigh simplicity (XInclude, references back to the
process definition, etc) against the basic premise.  As we've seen in
ebBP, having, for example, the patterns only referenced rather than part
of the schema definition lead to misunderstanding and misuse.  We should
look at the various aspects around optimization in a similar fashion.
Thanks.

>Since we are trying to wrap up changes, errata, and ebMS 3.0 support in
>the CPPA specification, I would like the TC to review this optionality
>issue and decide whether we should change the cardinality to allow
>omission of the element when it is not really needed. (and document when
>that is).

mm1: This is reasonable.