Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] BPSS 2.0 Role fixups: discussion topic Nov 17 teleconference for CPPA

ActionContext2, like ActionContext, is optional. For very simple BPSS
instances, where the same role name values occur under ExternalRole,
under the BusinessCollaboration and in the @currentRoleRef in the BTA
Performs binding, the Role value declared as a child value under
CollaborationRole will be the only value needed (when the values "Buyer"
and "Seller" are the only ones really needed, for example). This is how
BPSS 1.x instances worked. So that was my rationale for separating
concerns and notational burdens.

I agree with you on your simplicity point. It is often simpler to do the
same thing for every case. But I still think that at this early stage it
may be worthwhile continuing to allow ActionContext to be omitted.

Anyway this is a design tradeoff point so let's consider the issue
Friday.

>a. When the BTA/Performs/@currentRoleRef refers to a BC/Role whose
@name
>value is the same as CollaborationRole/Role, then it is not Required
>that there be any ActionContext2 information about Role to indicate the
>Role value in context. The implementation Should, however, supply the
>(unchanged) value within an ActionContext2 element.
>
>b. When the BTA/Performs/@currentRoleRef refers to a BC/Role whose
@name
>value that differs from the CollaborationRole/Role, then it is Required
>that there be any ActionContext2 information about Role to indicate the
>Role value in context.

Dale, in general, it may be simpler to require Action Context2
information regardless. That way, the information may be redundant but
the behavior required the same. What do you think?