Subject: HL7 ORG: Fw: Issues with Web services transport

Does ebXML CPA address some of these issues?  I believe it might.

Could CPA's between participants provide the missing information - or enough for common uses?

Does anything in ebMS V3.0 mitigate this?

I also think that the idea we've been working on in BCM/ebSOA/BP of a pan-ebxml context mechanism - could also be a next peice - so a shared context could be retained across participants - that summarizes the salient information needed to deliver correctly.

Please let me know so I can reply back the HL7 list with our considerations?

I'm seeing this notion of an Uber-WS infrastructure gaining ground - so you call that Uber-API - and then delivery occurs in the dialect for a partner.

Of course I beleive ebXML provides a B2B superset here that plain WSDL clearly is not able to match.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

To: ititech@rsna.org
To access the Archives of this or other lists or change your list settings and information, go to: http: //www.hl7.org/listservice
(See attached file: Issues with Web Services as a Message Transport Dec 11 2006 R1.pdf)

Issues with Web Services as a Message ...pdf