ebxml-iic-conform message

Subject: [ebxml-iic-conform] FW: ebXML IIC 7/3/2002: Conformance Levels,Profiles and Test Cov erage

Title: FW: ebXML IIC 7/3/2002: Conformance Levels, Profiles and Test Coverage

FWD to the conform list.

Monica: agree with distinction between profile / levels.
I believe though that Matt "profile" files actually can express both profiles and levels.
In fact, are well suited to levels as well, as several levels need to reference
the same test req item(s).

>Complementary to that, and relevant to our
>discussion, is we support a conformance level as it relates to our test
>coverage (full, partial and none).

Not sure I get this, but I'd add a coment here:
our tests - unless they fully cover the spec - will only give an "indicator"
of conformance (not to be confused with "levels" of conformance!),
measuring in general only a subset of the actual spec reqs.
They define a de-facto, measurable definition of conformance that, even if
not exactly covering  the original spec, will establish common ground rules
for the implementors community, and this alone has great value.
So I'm not too much concerned that we can't cover "fully" the spec.

regards,

Jacques