ebxml-iic-conform message

Subject: CTTF 7/10/2002: [ebxml-iic-conform] MS Level 2 & 3 test reqs

Everyone,
Three cheers for the team!!!

As for Jacques feedback on combining/segregating assertions, I can live
with either way we go, but think we have to have a few parameters that
tell us whether we aggregate the assertion or break into separate test
cases - some has to do with the rigor required of the test.  Perhaps the
discriminator is a REQUIRED test requirement should not be aggregated
(not advocating, just citing an example) or aggregation only occurs if
the two elements and their result can be seen or evaluated.

Mike, Matt, and Jacques are the experts.  I am just the lacky (sp?).

Monica

---------------
r2.2.6a: re-wording: (consolidated with r2.2.7a)
[precondition]: sending message with MessageOrder element, which is
first for a
conversation ID
[assertion]: REQUIRED: the sequenceNumber element must have value 0,
and its Status attribute = "Reset".
[MIKE] - DONE

++++++++++++++++
[mm1: IN THIS CASE (AND OTHERS), DO WE ACTUALLY HAVE TWO ASSERTIONS,
JUST LIKE WE HAVE
0...N CONDITIONS/PRECONDITIONS - CAN WE ACCOMMODATE THIS - AND WITH A
RESULT TO TRUE OR FALSE?]
++++++++++++++++
[MIKE3] - This is always the problem with "consolidating"... you "group"
assertions ( and expected results )
together, so if there is a failure in one part of the Assertion, you
fail the entire test.. So unless the test harness provides
a way to uncover exactly which part fails ( the sequence number not
equal to "0" or the status not equal to "reset" )
you cannot tell an implementer why their implementation failed, only
that it failed one or the other Assertion.
I am going to "decouple" the sequence number from the status, and split
each test into two tests. It is less
"pretty", but it removes any ambiguity. We have to be consistent on
this, and I haven't been in all cases.