ebxml-iic-conform message

Subject: [ebxml-iic-conform] Coverage: last attempt

Title: RE: [ebxml-iic] MS conformance task force
Michael, Matt:

About "specification coverage" attribute:
my last attempt at making sense of this attribute in the annotated spec:
(I still believe that may "adjust" expectations from MS TC reviewers, and clarify our "contract"
with users about the results of our test suite ...)

COVERAGE:

FULL: The test requirement(s) that address this specification item, are a good indicator of conformance
 to the specification item, i.e. if an MSH passes a test case that implements properly this test requirement(s),
there is very strong indication that it will behave similarly in all situations identified by the spec item.

PARTIAL: The test requirement(s) that address this specification item, are only a partial indicator of conformance
 to the specification item, i.e. if an MSH passes a test case that implements properly this test requirement(s),
this indicates that it will behave similarly in only a subset of all situations identified by the spec item.
Possible reason maybe:
- the pre-condition(s) of the test requirement(s) only identify on purpose a subset of these situations,
that can be reasonably tested.
- the occurrence of situations that match the pre-condition of a Test Requirementit is under control of the MSH
(e.g. implementation-dependent) and out of the control of the testbed. I.e. the test will be verified only in case
the situation occurs during testing, which we cannot control.

NONE: this specification item cannot be tested even partially, at least with the Test Framework on which this
Conformance test suite is to be implemented, and under the test conditions that are assumed.

Regards,

Jacques