ebxml-iic-conform message

Subject: [ebxml-iic-conform] review test case material for MS conformance

Title: review test case material for MS conformance

Mike, Matt:

here is my take on remaining issues (see attached), after review of
last version Mike sent out 9/8.

I propose to close on several issues with solutions that do not pretend to be final,
but will keep us going - and will allow for refinment later on (i.e. no throw away...).

The general idea is: Once the basics of the test case material are defined
(e.g. vocabulary/naming, msg material identification, CPA parameters, service/actions invoked,
error messages and types...) then it is enough to get going on remiaining test cases.
And we are already there (almost...). Let us not be stopped by:
-  issues raised by shortcomings of our material when describing more complex test cases,
- or by the ultimate formal representation of some artifacts (CPA, MIME construction)

Once we have an inital version of all cases, we'll be in a better position
to tackle difficult cases, and we'll be also in better position to refine our test material in a second pass.

Let us try to finalize these few remaining issues this week at latest,
so that the test case definitions can proceed.

Cheers,

jacques
<<ebXMLIICTestCaseCmts_closure.txt>>

Proposed closure on 7 remaining issues on Test Case material:

1. CPA:

Proposal:
--------
let us just use a list of name/value pairs for defining
each CPA, in our first version of MS Test Cases.
A small set of CPAs instances is sufficient, each with a defined CPAId.
We refer to these, from each test case (message expressions), by the CPAId.
When we need to name a CPA attribute in "message expression",
we use one of these CPA attribute "names" with $ notation, and "CPA_" as prefix.
E.g.: "Signature" will be referred to as : $CPA_Signature.

Comments:
---------
we can just provide a list CPA parameters, as an abstract list of
name / values (we started doing that in current draft,
see MS COnformance 5.2.2 "CPA data" section.)
Any more specific format (e.g. XML doc) is not essential here.
(Can be defined later, mostly for automation.)

2. Message material:

Proposal:
---------
identify a small set of predefined mesge envelopes - as we have now.
(see defined in 5.2.5). We can name them and refer to them in the "Template"
column, as we did for header tmpl and payload tmpl.

Comment:
--------
Jeff T. will refine this, but for now it does not hurt to "abstract" the
mesg envelope building process.
These pre-build message envelopes represent the outcome of
a MIME env building expression, as Jeff will come-up with, so later will be
replaced by such an expression.

3. Verification step:

Proposal:
---------

Not all testCases in latest version seem to have a specific "Verification" step.
For the sake of standardization, we need to: all steps will have a name,
either GetMessage, PutMessage or Verification, (and maybe also "preCOndition"?
see below)

4. General description of a test case: some suggestions,
illustrated on TestCase:id:2

Proposal:
---------

to improve this test case description, and some others in the same way.

Comment:
--------

- it is simpler to send to "Reflector", than to Initiator, as Initiator
requires to fully specify the embedded message to be re-sent,
as well as the "carrier" message. (so in general "Initiator" should be avoided
when not needed).
- In TestCase:id:2, We would send a message with 1 or more payloads,
and check that when "reflected", this msge is well formed according to the test.
-PutMessage step: same as current, but with "Reflector" instead.
-GetMessage step: would only express a filter to correlate with the