ebxml-iic-framework message

Subject: [ebxml-iic-framework]

Monica,

    I lost the last message regarding criteria for "splitting" an
aggregated test assertion, but I know that you
wanted to define what those criteria would be.  I figure that using some
examples from the MS Test Requirements
is a good way to do that.  The criteria for splitting the requirement are
currently:

    1) Rigor of splitting the requirement - if the requirement is broad in
scope, for example requirement 0.1.1 "Supports all mandatory syntax defined
in Core plus Additional Features" is a large requirement ( essentially
validation of all generated messages by a candidate MSH )... and would best
be served as a single assertion that could test any and all occurances (
through schema validation ).

Another example would be r1.1.15 "All ebXML extension elements included
within generated SOAP Envelope, Header and Body elements are namespace
qualified to:
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd";.
This would better be tested on a global scale through validation
".

2) The test harness does not allow reporting of individual results of an
aggregated assertion.  If our test harness will allow for reporting the
possible results of aggregated Assertions, then some of our existing
"atomic" test Assertions may be consolidated.  For now, it hasn't been
determined if our harness will support that, so requirements are defined
using single test assertions.

Hope this helps!
Mike