ebxml-iic-interop message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic-interop] MS interop draft and some test cases / pr ofile

Overall, I think this draft is good and look forward to seeing the rest of the profiles detailed.

I do have a question on the section
Lines 341-347 Configurator
What is meant by "change the collaboration agreement for the conversation related to a test case or a set of test cases"
is the idea to switch out CPAID on an "Initiator" action for a test case or set of test cases or is the idea to actually change the contents of a CPA document itself refered to by a CPAID ?
-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Yung [mailto:steven.yung@sun.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 11:22 PM
To: Jacques Durand
Cc: 'steve.yung@sun.com'; 'prakash.sinha@iona.com'; 'ebxml-iic-interop@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hi All,

Sorry this took so long.  I have taken a first crack at the various profiles for Interop test, please review (for the purposes of the draft, I have indicated where it matches the Drummond test, these comments will be removed in the final draft, but a statement will be place into the document to acknowledge the contributions that the Drummond Group have made).

I will continue to work on this document this week and hope to have another draft out before the end of the week.

Cheers,
Steve
--
Steve Yung, steven.yung@sun.com
Market Development Manager

Jacques Durand wrote:

Steve, Prakash:

Here is an updated draft of MS Interop test Suite doc.
Note that I have not merged yet all material from the earlier draft of Prakash.
(I leave it to you guys to do that).

things to look at in particular:

1- We need to define some Interoperability Profiles (I only defined one very basic, to review/extend).
(the "interop profiles" we discussed this morning on the call.)
I have assumed so far a very basic interoperability profile (see Section 4, "IP 1"),
that mostly checks the ability to exchange various types of messages.
(Now, should some security, e.g. DSig, etc. be added? maybe.)
Some possible approaches when defining profiles:
- only one transport is adressed in a profile (HTTP, SMTP, HTTPS),
(so it could be we replicate our HTTP profile suite for SMTP?)
- as focus is on interop, we assume conformance tests have been done before.
(but some conformance tests may have an interop aspect:
e.g. proper Ack generation is a conformance test supposed to be done before,
but ability to receive an Ack from another MSH and process it correctly is an interop issue.)
- base profile(s) should only require core features in MSH.
- its OK for a profile A test suite to include/refer to another profile B test suite (if A extend B)
(e.g. secure profile extend base profile?)
- we could have a "standard" profile, and an "enterprise" one that tests advanced reqs, like passing large payloads, etc.

2- Look at the test Case material (section 4)
So far I have described 4 Test Cases for profile IP1 (a small subset of Steve's test list)
Each Test Case is complete with test steps and message material.
Also See if the Test Service actions are clear enough and sufficient.
Then if its OK you can use these as examples to build other test cases.

3- Could you review that draft, possibly do some update ( refine / add profile definitions, some test cases,
possibly do more merging with Prakash earlier draft ) by end of this week?
Then I'll add whatever latest version to our OASIS site as a work in progress.

Regards,

Jacques
<<ebXML_MS_Interoperability_TestSuite.doc>>