ebxml-iic-interop message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic-interop] interop update

Title: interop update
Well thanks jacques,
    in that case here are my comments on the 0.40 document

Introduction 1 states conformance testing (should be interoperability correct ?)

It seems the document needs to have an interoperability definition and motivation statement.
The term is used everywhere but only defined in Appendix A (which BTW follows Appendix B ???) and properly differentiated from conformance.

I would specifically add a Pre Requesite heading section stipulating the conformance to have passed prior to running interop.

I was also thinking over the Test Service & Test Driver framework and wondering about
having the Test Service be initiated with ebXML messages itself and having notifications and events signalled via messages.
This has the advantage of keeping the Test Driver and Test Service separate and using ebXML messagging as the logging and tracing.
It also means we can configured the Test Service entirely through a message - with the test cases as payload. The conversation_ID with the Test Driver
determines the Test Case being referenced. With timeouts the Test Driver can determine test failure. So the Test Driver is both initiatior and logger of the test run, but the actuall testing occurs between candidate MSH's.

it seems we need a template, as the tests will be very similar and only certain tests will be excluded rather than different.
It seems more appropriate to list all tests and have a PreCondition table stating for what protocols it applies to.
That way all testers step through each Test Case and test if needed otherwise skip to next one.
Or alternatively write up the Test Cases in one section and make a table with checkmarks on which protocols apply to the Test Case.

e.g.
Test Case 1.1 No payload basic exchange
Protocols [HTTP,SMTP]

Test Case 1.12 Synchronous Unsigned Acknowledgement  exchange
Protocols [HTTP]

I think with some more discussion and thought about the test framework - namely the test driver/test service we could more thoroughly
go through the test steps.