ebxml-iic-msg message

Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic-msg] comments on MS TestSuite (2)

The requirements document you sent was corrupted, at least it was when I
go it, so I've attached a copy that I just generated.

Regards,

Matt
Title: OASIS ebxml-iic TC -> Requirements

OASIS ebxml-iic TC: Messaging Conformance Requirements

ID Name Function Specification Ref Condition Assertion
r0.1 Global Requirements for All Tests other ebMS-2#1.3
r0.1.1 Schema Validation ebMS-2#1.3 REQUIRED:Supports all mandatory syntax defined in Core plus Additional Features
r1.1 Packaging Specification packaging ebMS-2#2
r1.1.1 SOAP 1.1 Conformance ebMS-2#2.1.1 REQUIRED:All generated ebXML messages conform to SOAP 1.1 and the SOAP Messages with Attachments specification.
r1.1.2 SwA MIME Headers ebMS-2#2.1.2 REQUIRED:All MIME headers generated for each Message Package are in conformance with the SOAP Messages with Attachments Specification.
r1.1.3 Message Package Content-Type ebMS-2#2.1.2 REQUIRED:The Content-Type MIME header in the Message Package contains a type attribute of "text/xml".
r1.1.4 Content-ID "start" attribute ebMS-2#2.1.2 RECOMMENDED:The Content-ID MIME header in any generated Message Package contains a start attribute identifying the first MIME part.
r1.1.5 Non-Multipart Messages ebMS-2#2.1.2 REQUIRED:Non-Multipart SOAP messages are supported in instances where there are no payload sections.
r1.1.6 SOAP Message Content Type ebMS-2#2.1.3.1 REQUIRED:The MIME Content-Type header for each generated SOAP Message has the value "text/xml".
r1.1.7 SOAP Message Character set ebMS-2#2.1.3.1 OPTIONAL:The MIME Content-Type header of each generated SOAP Message specifies the character set used to generate the message.
r1.1.8 Suggested Character set ebMS-2#2.1.3.2 RECOMMENDED:The UTF-8 character set is used by default when encoding each SOAP Message.
r1.1.9 No Application Payload ebMS-2#2.1.4 ( If there are no application payloads identified in the message header manifest” ) REQUIRED:There must not be any payload MIME parts
r1.1.10 Manifest ebMS-2#2.1.4 REQUIRED:The contents of each payload MIME part are identified in the Manifest element within any generated SOAP body
r1.1.11 Unrecognized MIME headers ebMS-2#2.1.5 REQUIRED:Unrecognized MIME headers in any incoming MIME part are ignored
r1.1.13 Version in XML Prolog ebMS-2#2.2.1 ( XML Prolog exists in the SOAP message ) REQUIRED:XML version is declared
r1.1.14 Encoding matches Prolog declaration ebMS-2#2.2.2 ( XML Prolog exists in SOAP message AND Encoding is declared in the XML Prolog AND charset attribute is present in SOAP header container ) REQUIRED:The encoding declaration matches the charset attribute of the Content-Type MIME header in the Header Container.
r1.1.15 Namespace qualification of ebXML extension elements ebMS-2#2.3 REQUIRED:All ebXML extension elements included within generated SOAP Envelope, Header and Body elements are namespace qualified to: "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd"
r1.1.16 Envelope schema location ebMS-2#2.3.2 RECOMMENDED:Generated SOAP Envelope elements include the XMLSchema-instance namespace qualified schemaLocation attribute indicating the extended ebXML envelope schema: "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/envelope.xsd"
r1.1.17 SOAP Header and body namespace ebMS-2#2.3.2 RECOMMENDED:Generated SOAP Header and Body attributes both include a XMLSchema-instance namespace qualified schemaLocation attribute indicating the extended ebXML Msg Header schema "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd"
r1.1.18 SOAP Header element namespace ebMS-2#2.3.3 REQUIRED:A generated SOAP Header element is namespace qualified as per the SOAP namespace declaration in the SOAP Envelope element.
r1.1.19 SOAP Body element namespace ebMS-2#2.3.4 REQUIRED:A generated SOAP Body element is namespace qualified as per the SOAP namespace declaration in the SOAP Envelope element.
r1.1.20 SOAP header contains a MessageHeader element ebMS-2#2.3.5.1 REQUIRED:A generated SOAP Header element always contains one ebXML MessageHeader element.
r1.1.21 Namespace of foreign elements ebMS-2#2.3.6 REQUIRED:Any foreign namespace qualified elements present within generated ebXML extension elements are namespace qualified with a namespace that is not "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd".
r1.1.22 XML ID attribute ebMS-2#2.3.7 OPTIONAL:An XML ID attribute is supplied for each generated ebXML element (to assist with such tasks as specifying elements included in a digital signature).
r1.1.23 MessageHeader@version value ebXML-2#2.3.8 RECOMMENDED:A generated ebXML MessageHeader element always contains a version attribute with a value of "2.0"
r1.1.24 SOAP mustUnderstand attribute & ebXML extensions ebMS-2#2.3.9 REQUIRED:All ebXML extensions of the SOAP Header element (MessageHeader, SyncReply, MessageOrder, ...) contain the mustUnderstand attribute namespace qualified to the SOAP namespace (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope).
r1.1.24-a1 Message Rejection ebMS-2#2.3.9 REQUIRED:Any SOAP Header extension with a mustUnderstand attribute set to "1" that is not understood by the MSH will result in the message being rejected.
r1.2 Core Extension Elements packaging ebMS-2#3
r1.2.1 From & To element presence ebMS-2#3.1.1 REQUIRED:From and To elements are always present as the children of a generated MessageHeader element and identify the parties that originated/are-intended-to-receive the message respectively.
r1.2.3 Handling of multiple PartyId elements in To or From ebMS-2#3.1.1 ( When generated From or To elements contain multiple PartyId elements the PartyId values ) REQUIRED: The values are treated as identifying the same organization.
r1.2.5 Error in PartyId content ebMS-2#3.1.1.1 ( PartyId does not contain a type attribute AND PartyId text node is not a URI ) STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:MSH responds with an error (Inconsistent/Error)
r1.2.6 CPA resolution error ebMS-2#3.1.2 ( If value of the CPAId element on an inbound message cannot be resolved ) REQUIRED:The MSH responds with an error (NotRecognized/Error).
r1.2.7 CPA / Message disagreement ebMS-2#3.2.1 ( If the receiving MSH detects an inconsistency between an incoming message and the relevant CPA ) REQUIRED: It responds with an error (Inconsistent/Error)
r1.2.9 ConversationId value presence and consistency ebMS-2#3.1.3 REQUIRED:The generated ConversationId will be present in all messages pertaining to the given conversation.
r1.2.10 Service element content ebMS-2#3.1.4.1 ( If the "type" attribute is not set. AND If the content is not a URI. ) REQUIRED:MSH Responds with an error (Inconsistent/Error)
r1.2.11 Unrecognized Service and/or Action ebMS-2#3.1.5 ( If the receiving MSH does not recognize both the Service and Action values of an incoming message ) REQUIRED: It responds with an error (NotRecognised/Error).
r1.2.14 RefToMessageId content ebMS-2#3.1.6.3 ( If the RefToMessageId element within the MessageData element is present ) REQUIRED: It contains the MessageId value of an earlier ebXML Message to which this message relates.
r1.2.15 RefToMessageId existence ebMS-2#3.1.6.3 ( If there is no earlier related message ) REQUIRED:The RefToMessageId element is never present.
r1.2.16 RefToMessageId existence in error messages ebMS-2#3.1.6.3 ( If a previous message generated and error ) REQUIRED:The RefToMessageId element is always present with a value indicating the message in error.
r1.2.18 TTL validation by To Party ebMS-2#3.1.6.4 ( If the MSH receives a message for which it is the To Party MSH and the TimeToLive is greater than the time of the internal clock (adjusted for UTC) ) REQUIRED:An error message is returned to the To Party MSH (TimeToLiveExpired/Error).
r1.2.19 Duplicate Elimination ebMS-2#3.1.7 ( If the DuplicateElimination element is present within the MessageHeader of an inbound message ) REQUIRED:The MSH eliminates duplicate messages.
r1.2.20 DuplicateElimiation element must not be present in a message ebMS-2#3.1.7 ( If CPA specifies a DuplicationElimination value of never ) REQUIRED:The DuplicateElimination element must not be present.
r1.2.21 xml:lang is set in Description element ebMS-2#3.1.8 RECOMMENDED:No two Description elements must have the same xml:lang attribute value
r1.2.22 Payload/Application data in SOAP:Body or ebXML:Manifest ebMS-2#3.2 RECOMMENDED:No payload/application data is present in generated SOAP Body / ebXML Manifest elements.
r1.2.23 MIME parts required when Manifest/Reference refers to a content id. ebMS-2#3.2.2 ( If there is not a matching payload for the xlink:href element of a generated Manidfest/Reference element ) REQUIRED:An error message is directed to the From Party MSH (MimeProblem/Error).
r1.2.24 Error reporting of bad href in Manifest/Reference ebMS-2#3.2.2 ( If the xlink:href element of a Manifest/Reference element on an inbound message specifies a URI that is not a content id (not "cid:"), and that cannot be resolved ) OPTIONAL:The MSH reports an error to the From Party MSH (MimeProblem/Error)
r1.2.25 Unreferenced payloads should be discarded ebMS-2#3.2.2 ( If a MIME payload part exists on an incoming message that is not referenced by a Manifest/Reference element ) STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:It is discarded.
r1.4 Error Handling other ebMS-2#4.2
r1.4.1 SOAP Faults from downstream processor. ebMS-2#4.2 REQUIRED:The MSH can accept and process SOAP Fault values from a downstream SOAP processor.
r1.4.2 SOAP Faults comply with SOAP specification. ebMS-2#4.2 ( If an MSH returns a SOAP Fault message to the sender of a SOAP message ) REQUIRED:The returned message conforms to the SOAP specification guidelines for SOAP Fault values.
r1.4.3 Errors with highestSeverity of Warning shouldn't use SOAP Fault. ebMS-2#4.2 ( When an ebXML message is reporting an error with a highestSeverity value of 'Warning' ) STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: It is not reported or returned as a SOAP Fault.
r1.4.4 Data communication errors use native reporting methods. ebMS-2#4.2.2 STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:Errors associated with data communications protocols are detected and reported using the standard mechanisms supported by that protocol and do not use ebXML reporting mechanisms.
r1.4.5 ErrorList presence. ebMS-2#4.2.3 REQUIRED:The ErrorList extension element of the SOAP Header element is never present if there are no errors to be reported.
r1.4.6 ErrorList@highestSeverity contains the highest severity value of all enclosed Error elements. ebMS-2#4.2.3.1 REQUIRED:The highestSeverity attribute contains the highest severity of any Error elements generated in an outbound message.
r1.4.7 Error@codeContext is always a URI. ebMS-2#4.2.3.2.2 REQUIRED:The codeContext attribute of any generated Error element is always a URI.
r1.4.8 Namespace/scheme for codeContext values. ebMS-2#4.2.3.2.2 RECOMMENDED:The namespace/scheme specified by codeContext for identifying errorCodes is the default value of urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-msg:service:errors.
r1.4.9 Error@errorCode presence. ebMS-2#4.2.3.2.3 REQUIRED:For each Error element the errorCode attribute is present and indicates the nature of the error.
r1.4.10 Error@severity content. ebMS-2#4.2.3.2.4 REQUIRED:For each Error element generated the severity attribute has the value of Warning or Error indicating the severity of the error.
r1.4.11 XPointer use for pinpointing message errors. ebMS-2#4.2.3.2.5 ( If an error exists in an ebXML element ) REQUIRED:The location attribute of the Error element is an XPointer to the erroneous element.
r1.4.12 Referencing an error with a MIME part. ebMS-2#4.2.3.2.5 ( If an error exists in a payload MIME part ) REQUIRED:The location attribute of the generated Error element contains the content-id (via "cid:") of the erroroneous MIME part.
r1.4.13 Short Description text for an error code presence. ebMS-2#4.2.3.4 REQUIRED:The "Long Description" text for each error code provided by the Message Service Specification appears in any relevant Error element.
r1.4.14 Error reporting to message origin. ebMS-2#4.2.4.1 ( When an MSH detects an error in a message ) RECOMMENDED: The error is reported to the MSH that sent the original message in error.
r1.4.15 No error reporting location, or ErrorList@highestSeverity == "Error" action. ebMS-2#4.2.4.1 ( If the error reporting location cannot be found or the message in error has an ErrorList element with highestSeverity set to Error ) RECOMMENDED: The error is: Logged; Resolved by other means; and, No further action is taken.
r1.4.16 CPP/A#ErrorURI use. ebMS-2#4.2.4.2 ( If the ErrorURI is implied in the relevant CPA ) OPTIONAL:Then this is used as the Error Reporting Location.
r1.4.17 If CPP/A#ErrorURI is undefined. ebMS-2#4.2.4.2 ( If the ErrorURI is unavailable in the relevant CPA ) OPTIONAL:A URI specified in the From Party of the message is used as the Error Reporting Location.
r1.4.18 ErrorList sent as a result of message processing. ebMS-2#4.2.4.3 ( If an ErrorList is included as part of a message being sent as a result of processing an earlier message AND The Service and Action values are set as specified by the service enacted ) REQUIRED: The highestSeverity will not be Error.
r1.4.19 Independent ErrorList messages, service and action definition. ebMS-2#4.2.4.3 ( If an ErrorList is included as part of an independent message ) REQUIRED:The values of Service and Action are; Service: urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-msg:service Action: MessageError
r1.5 SynchReply other ebMS-24.3
r1.5.1 General effect of SyncReply presence. ebMS-2#4.3.1 ( If a SyncReply element is present in a message received over a synchronous communications protocol ) OPTIONAL:That connection is kept open in expectation of the response message using the same connection.
r1.5.3 SyncReply element conflict with CPA triggers an error. ebMS-2#4.3.1 ( If the CPA syncReplyMode is set to none AND SyncReply element is present in an inbound message ) OPTIONAL:The MSH issues an error (Inconsistent/Error).

--
Matthew MacKenzie
XML Global R&D