ebxml-iic-msg message

Subject: [ebxml-iic-msg] Re: ebXML IIC 5/22/2002: [ebxml-iic] CTTF and TestDocuments

Monica,

Sorry it took so long to reply to this.

On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 01:32  PM, Monica Martin wrote:

> I am quite impressed with what I've seen so far on the CTTF site in the
> detail associated with the automation of the test requirements, test
> cases, trace, etc.
>
> I have a few questions or suggestions, which may perhaps be discussed
> this week while you are all in Barcelona.
>
> *	Suggest versioning for drivers (MT and AT)

We didn't discuss this, but it is a solid suggestion which should be
worked into our spec.

> *	Versioning and date stamp (for creation, last update,
> enablement, etc) could apply to any files used for requirements, test
> step definition, processing, etc.

Yes & No.  I think it would be sufficient to version the test suite and
test requirements with the specification version in question.  That
means we need to have a specRef attribute at the TestRequirement and
TestSuite element level.  Is there any other reasons to do more granular
versioning?  Please explain.

> *	Specification to test suite consistency - As the specification
> changes (and if we assume the drivers and supporting suite goes by
> standards released), those test artifacts will also change.  Suggest we
> discuss a capability to cross check the specification against those
> artifacts for changes (Could XPath assist in this regard? A Trace Log
> could be the output if discrepancies were detected).

I anticipate a new test suite and requirements be done for each
specification release.  We would copy the stuff from the previous
version, then make changes to support the specification.

> *	At what level do we pose to check against SOAP or SWA? I had
> seen some conversation on the elist about that.  Would it bounded by the
> scope of the requirements in the specification?

We agreed to have untested requirements during our recent meeting,
meaning that the requirements document would state SOAP 1.1 conformance
as a requirement, but we wouldn't test it.  In the case of SOAP 1.1, we
would expect vendors to run SOAP conformance tests (when/if available)
prior to running our suite.  In short, TestSuite scope is more narrow
than TestRequirement scope.

> *	If you use the concept of a draft test case and/or step, may
> wish to consider the capability to enable a function.  For example, a
> draft item may not be active or available for use if it is under
> development.  This is primarily focused on the metadata support and
> controls on what gets used.

Please clarify...

> *	Where would the profile definition be housed?

Please clarify...

> I hope you will humor me a bit with my questions, as I have not been in
> the details of your development, but have been reviewing most of the
> documentation and keeping track of your progress.  Thank you.  Your
> comments are surely welcome.

...and your comments are _greatly_ appreciated.  Thank you for taking
the time to consider our work.  Keep the suggestions coming!

-Matt