ebxml-iic-msg message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic-msg] Comment on spec version 0.0

Title: RE: [ebxml-iic-msg] Comment on spec version 0.0

Comments make sense.
Agree the ultimate goal is indeed to design a framework that is not focused on
just messaging. For now it is still a little difficult to clearly separate between
material that is MS-only, and material more general. (though thats clear for
some material). On the other hand, some framework components may be reused
regardless of the ebXML spec, e.g. Test Driver (not bound to a transport, not even ebXML..)
I'll try to separate MS more clearly. E.g. Section 2 (maybe not 2.1) is clearly MS, and will go
with other MS stuff in a MS-specific section (yet would not make that just
an "Appendix".)

On another note: on the COnformance suite side, remember Mike and you also have to rework a
sampling of test Cases (in particular definition of test steps for
each test case.) See the example I gave in 3.5 of framework (do we agree here?)
Incidentally, that may help finalize a set of Service/Action we need,
at least for MS.

Regards,

Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@xmlglobal.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 2:09 PM
To: ebxml-iic-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-iic-msg] Comment on spec version 0.0

Jacques,

I don't think that this specification should focus in on messaging,
mainly because the "framework" as we know it is centered around some
work that is quite abstract (TestRequirement, TestSuite).  I think  that
the specification should elaborate on our processes, and explain our
schemas, and touch upon conformance and interop testing in practice
using the framework.  There should be sections (appendices?) that delve
into any specialization that occurs for various technologies (in our
case, messaging would be the only appendix for now.

I like most of the content, I just am not satisfied with how it is
structured.  You've done a great job on this stuff so far.

Regards,

Matthew MacKenzie
XML Global R&D
PGP Key available upon request.