Subject: FW: SEEKING ebXML BOOK AUTHORS

FYI ... A book authoring opportunity on ebXML.

By the way, there was a problem with my e-mail setup that prevented me
from sending/receiving ebXML IIC messages. I'm back on the air, so
expect to see more messages from me, in particular with respect to the
Monday, September 10, conference call.

Please note that per my earlier e-mail to this list, it is important
that you submit your candidacy for any of the advertized roles in ebXML
IIC if you want to be considered for them. I did list the current
candidates, but if there are more, we'll need to hear from them. Thanks.

-Philippe

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 12:17 PM
To: TC chairs
Subject: SEEKING ebXML BOOK AUTHORS

OASIS TC chairs:

Two publishing companies working on ebXML books have contacted me
looking for authors. If you or any member of your OASIS TC would be
interested in contributing to one of these, please contact the publisher
directly.

Wrox Press has an immediate need for three writers to contribute
chapters as part of an ebXML author team. Authors already writing on
this book include Pim van der Eijk, JJ Dubray, Duane Nickull, Betty
Harvey, David Chappell, Colleen Evans. Wrox is specifically in need of
someone to write on E-business Security and on Other Standards for
Payload. Deadline for a first draft is 17 September. Interested writers
should contact:

Trish Weir
Author Agent XML Team
Wrox Press
phone: +44-(0)121-687-4100/4185
mailto:trishw@wrox.com

Manning Publications is looking for XML authors, particularly in the
areas of ebXML, xCBL and cXML. They are open to ideas and proposals for
books at this point. Interested writers should contact:

Dan Barthel
Acquisitions Editor
Manning Publications Co.
phone: +1.941-394-6662
danb@manning.com

Please pass these opportunities on to your TC members, and let me know
if I can be of any assistance.

Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications