Subject: ebXML IIC TC -- minutes of September 8 conference call

All,

Here are the minutes from the Monday, September 10, ebXML IIC conference
call.

Present: Jeff Eck (GXS), Jacques Durand (Savvion), Steve Yung (Sun), Iwasa
(Fujitsu), Michael Gordon (Sybase), Engkee Kwang (Vitria), David Smiley
(Mercator), Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond), David Fischer (Drummond Group),
Himagiri Mukkamala (Sybase), Eric VanLydegraf (Kinzan), Philippe De Smedt
(Agentis Int'l). There was one other person whose name/affiliation I did not
take down correctly.

The meeting was chaired by Philippe De Smedt, chair of the TC, and hosted by
Jeff Eck of GXS.

1. Role call.
2. Nominations for TC positions:
by the deadline of September 8, the following nominations/candidacies had
been submitted:
TC Co-Chair: Jeff Eck (GXS)
Conformance Clause lead: Jacques Durand (Savvion)
Liaison to ebXML Registry and Repository TC: Sanjay Patil (Iona)
Liaison to ebXML Message Service TC: Himagiri Mukkamala (Sybase)
Liaison to ebXML Marketing: Jeff Eck.
As there was no contention for any of the positions, those on the call
unaminously voted to accept the candidates in their respective positions.
Please note: since then, I have received more offers to volunteer,
specifically for the editor position. As there are other positions to be
filled as well, I'd like to encourage others to still consider putting
forward their candidacy, especially for the other defined liaisons, and the
leads of the other two subgroups within the TC. Please do so by sending
e-mail to the list.
3. Philippe briefed the group on a conversation he had with Karl Best of
OASIS, with the intent to gather information from the members on real
implementations, guidelines, sample code, etc., that can be shared with
companies that have expressed interest in implementing or developing
ebXML-based or ebXML-compliant solutions. The membership is requested to
provide all information that they can share, so that ebXML can be
effectively promoted. Philippe will also contact each of the participants at
the Vienna ebXML PoC to solicit their input in those areas, as well as to
kick-start a PoC effort within this TC.
4. Besides the request for candidates for the TC positions, the chair also
expressed his desire for the TC to move quickly to ensure the TC's
effectiveness. Jacques will be leading one of the key efforts (I'll brief
you on that in a separate message), and Jeff and I will temporarily be
heading the efforts of the other two subgroups (conformance and
interoperability tests, and guidelines for conformance/interoperability
testing by third-parties).
5. Future calls: to accelerate the pace of the TC, we will move to
twice-monthly conference calls. These will be coordinated with the Message
Service's TC, so that there is no overlap. The next call will now be held on
Monday, October 1, at 9AM Pacific Time.
6. Meeting adjourned.

Please note that those of you who are voting members are required under
OASIS rules to regularly attend meetings or calls in order to preserve your
status as a voting member. Please also note that attendance by phone at
face-to-face meetings is perfectly acceptable, especially in light of the
changed travel situation.

Thank you.

-Philippe

Philippe De Smedt