Subject: ebXML Implementation,Interoperability and Conformance TC -- contacting ebXML PoC participants

All,

I'm sending this message to those who participated in the Vienna ebXML PoC,
with cc to the ebxml-iic mailing list. My apologies for duplicate messages.

As you know, an ebXML Implementation, Interoperability and Conformance
Technical Committee was created under OASIS. This TC can play an important
role in promoting the use of ebXML, by sharing best practices, guidelines,
code samples, interoperability and conformance test programs, etc.
Furthermore, information on real implementations of ebXML or plans to do so
would help the market (vendors as well as users) understand the benefits of
ebXML and what to expect in terms of availability of real product. As chair
of the TC, I'd like to suggest two approaches:

1. To jump-start the activities of the ebXML IIC TC, I'd like to leverage
the work that has already been done by the ebXML Proof-of-Concept (PoC)
team, precursor to ebXML IIC. In particular, I'd like to encourage those of
you who participated in PoCs to continue that work and actively participate
in the new TC. I'd like to find out how many of you (and others as well),
are interested in an activity in the immediate term to try and reconstitute
the Vienna demos, and help them carry forward in the new TC.
2. If you or your companies have any information about implementations or
planned implementations of ebXML, to the extent that you can share, please
let the ebXML IIC team know. Their e-mail is ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org.
You'll need to subscribe to the list prior to being able to send e-mails to
it.

We have a unique opportunity to promote ebXML with the technical competence
that we have acquired during the PoC activities and to let the world know
about ebXML implementations that are out there. I encourage all of you to
think of ways to accomplish this.

Your assistance is much appreciated. Thanks.

-Philippe

Philippe De Smedt
Chief Systems Architect
Agentis International, Inc.
chair of the OASIS ebXML Implementation, Interoperability, and Conformance
TC
(925) 746-5019