Subject: [ebxml-iic] CPA conformance clause

As I mentioned in previous conf call, CPA specification has a
conformance
clause. I'm attaching the contents in this email. We can get started
using
this is as the starting point and figure out if any changes are needed.

thanks
-hima

Conformance
In order to conform to this specification, an implementation:
a) SHALL support all the functional and interface requirements
defined in this specification,
b) SHALL NOT specify any requirements that would contradict
or cause non-conformance to this specification.

A conforming implementation SHALL satisfy the conformance
requirements of the applicable parts of this specification.

An implementation of a tool or service that creates or maintains
ebXML CPP or CPA instance documents SHALL be determined
to be conformant by validation of the CPP or CPA instance
documents, created or modified by said tool or service, against the XML
Schema[XMLSCHEMA-1] definition of the CPP or CPA in Appendix D and
available from http://www.ebxml.org/schemas/cpp-cpa-v1_0.xsd
by using two or more validating XML Schema parsers that conform to
the W3C XML Schema specifications.

The objective of conformance testing is to determine whether an
implementation being tested conforms to the requirements stated in this
specification. Conformance testing enables vendors to implement
compatible and interoperable systems. Implementations and applications
SHALL be tested using available test suites to verify their conformance
to this specification.

Publicly available test suites from vendor neutral organizations such as

OASIS and the U.S.A.National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST)
SHOULD be used to verify the conformance of implementations,
applications, and components claiming conformance to this specification.

Open-source reference implementations MAY be available to allow vendors
test their products for interface compatibility, conformance, and
interoperability.