Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] call for new chairperson

Two quick questions.

1)  Must the chair come from the list of eligible voting members or can it be
any OASIS member?

2)  Could you send an IIC Membership list to the list?

Regards,

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe De Smedt [mailto:pdesmedt@agentisinternational.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 12:04 PM
To: ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-iic] call for new chairperson

All,

As I announced in this morning's conference call, I've decided to step down
as chair of the ebXML Implementation, Interoperability, and Conformance
(IIC) TC. It's been a privilege to have been in this position and to have
worked with all of you, but now is a good time to hand over the reins to
someone else. We have a number of exciting activities going on, and I'm sure
that whoever takes over will make sure that they are successfully continued
and broadened.

If you are interested in this position, please send an e-mail to the list
announcing your candidacy and qualifications for the position. You are also
welcome to nominate someone else, but we'll need to get their written
acceptance in order to consider them as candidates.

Procedure-wise, OASIS requires that voting be conducted either in a
conference call or at a face-to-face meeting, unless voting by e-mail is
agreed upon. To that end, I suggest that we have a conference call next
Monday, March 4, 9AM Pacific time, to take a vote on allowing e-mail
ballots. If we vote in favor (simple majority), we will then have a one-week
period for people to select a candidate by sending e-mail to myself, the
current chair, with cc to Karl Best of OASIS (karl.best@oasis-open.org). The
candidate with the most votes wins, and will be announced in the regularly
scheduled ebXML IIC conference call on Monday, March 11, 9AM Pacific time.
Please note that only those that are eligible to vote per OASIS rules
(briefly summarized as "to retain membership, the person must consistently
attend two out of
three meetings") may participate in the voting procedure.

If you are interested, please announce your candidacy as soon as you can. I
look forward to your participation.

Thank you.

-Philippe

Philippe De Smedt