Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] on involving other TCs

Title: Reminder for 9:00AM Pacific Time --> Today ebXML IIC Conference Call Info
David:

Yes we need to involve more broadly the standard-authoringTC,
though we still need to define how and what exactly they vote on.
What is clear to me so far, after discussion this morning is that
(1) each CTTFs will just need to involve a liaison of/to the standard-authoring TC (whether of not an IIC member),
(2) this liaison will make sure to leverage the expertise from the other TC when crafting test cases, and their feedback on final output.

So  the standard-authoring TC will have authority in reviewing our Test Cases, but that would be mostly on their "interface"
side of the overall test plan, i.e. the list of test requirement items in their readable form.
Other aspects of the tests ( test formats, test architecture, testing procedures) will have final decision of the IIC alone.
Certainly a proper conformance validation involves all of the above, not just test definitions,
but I believe there is a line beyond which the IIC TC has to be trusted to do the right job.

In particular, for our first step we expect the standard-authoring TC to :
- verify that each test item definition is "correct" according to the specs (i.e. actually checks some aspect of conformance).
- verify that the subset of our test items that qualifies conformance to core features (minimal level) is sufficient, if properly applied.
That would be, I believe, the extent of the decision (vote) that belong to this TC.

regards,

jacques
-----Original Message-----
From: David Fischer [mailto:david@drummondgroup.com]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 3:02 PM
To: Jacques Durand; ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] OASIS ebXML IIC Conference Call Info - Monday Apr il 1 at 9:00AM P T (Noon ET)

On the call this morning, Jacques brought up the notion of joint subcommittees.  Jacques' concern with this idea was that the members of this subcommittee from the other TC would not be able to vote.

Joint subcommittees are a great idea and there is not any problem with voting.  The subcommittee's job is to develop conformance test plans for the other TC's specification.  Since the other TC owns their spec, they will have to vote to approve the test plans anyway.  The IIC members of the subcommittee will vote on the test plans with IIC and the members of the subcommittee from the other TC will get to vote with their TC on approval.  Everyone gets to vote -- problem solved.

Regards,

David.