Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] [suggest] Sublist name change

Jacques,

I just want the discussions to be more organized, because there will be a lot of stuff going through, some of which relates to architecture, some of which is directly related to things like test requirements. Remember, IIC will be in business as long as ebXML is churning out specifications. Organization is key here.

iic-conform would handle ALL conformance. I am not suggesting we have iic-conform-msg, etceteras.

At the very least, ebxml-iic-msg should be changed to ebxml-iic-cttf...but I would prefer to do a more radical (re)organization now, when people are just starting to get interested in our work.

-Matt

On Thursday, May 30, 2002, at 03:41 PM, Jacques Durand wrote:

mmmh... I am concerned that would fragment further
our discussion threads, which are far from overloaded yet.
I thought actually that even today, the traffic on our lists would still allow for
just using the main IIC list... (thus forcing our subscribers to be more aware of our material :)
Would these sub-lists, at least,  go cross ebXML specs?
(e.g. iic-conform would handle MS + RegRep + BPSS + CPA...)

From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@xmlglobal.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:50 PM
To: ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-iic] [suggest] Sublist name change

I would like to suggest a couple of changes to our internal structure.
Currently, we have the parent list - ebxml-iic, and ebxml-iic-msg.  I
suggest that we bring our lists inline with the recent evolution of our
work output and activities as follows:

ebxml-iic
    |_ ebxml-iic-framework (conformance and interop framework)
    |_ ebxml-iic-conform (conformance specific discussion)
    |_ ebxml-iic-interop (interoperability specific discussion)
    |_ ebxml-iic-comments (venue for test requirement comments to be sent
in a standard form)

This would be a good topic for the upcoming teleconference.

Comments?

--
Matthew MacKenzie
XML Global R&D