Subject: [ebxml-iic] RE: impl guidelines,on the "technical" and "deployment" sides

Title: RE: [ebxml-msg] speak in Barcelona?
All:

As mentioned in the call this morning, I am resending the list of "MS implementation items"
we drafted with Michael Wang, that can help MS implementors in giving feedback/recommendation
based on their implementation experience.

Again, I see this as a way to help interoperability between various implementations,
as this will promote sharing the same interpretation of the spec, not to mention the "untold" features
beyond the scope of the MS spec, that are also critical for interoperability (e.g. Security package being used, etc.).

In fact, I would propose to rename it: "MS implementation, interoperability and deployment guidelines"

So I encourage anyone whose company has been involved in MS implementation,
to give feedback based on the attached survey template, to the degree there is no IP conflict.
(Please check with your lawyers, as Jeff Turpin (CycloneCommerce) will do).

As for the "deployment" side of the guidelines, a cooperation path seems to emerge with EAN.UCC,
where Federico and Bolivar (EAN), will work with Pete Wenzel (CycloneCommerce), on some
"deployment" (or business customization?)  template - whatever name they agree on - that should help
user communities to achieve this layer of interoperability beyonf technical MSH interaction,
but before payload business content (e.g. as specified by OAG or RosettaNet).
EAN would provide a first instance of such template.
Such template would also help in standardizing test cases for this layer.

Thanks to all,

Jacques Durand