Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] Simple trading partner configuration for ebMS

We are finding that the cpp is tooo complex to implement just for the
msh. This seems like it would be a start, especially if it is a near or
proper subset of the whole cpp.  rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg [mailto:dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 8:39 PM
To: Matthew MacKenzie; ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Cppalist (E-mail)

Hi Matt,

I skimmed the schema you provided. I guess it
is one of the "70/30" optimization gambits.
Anders from OpenEbXML has proposed a similar
lightweight schema within the JSR 157 group.

As such, I think it might be worthwhile sending
to the ebxml CPPA TC for consideration. It
is especially interesting in that it might promote
adoption of profile/protocol-binding technologies,
because of its minimalisticYetEssential view of
configuring the b2b side of the MSH.

So the advantage I see is that it is geared for the
ebXML MSH (it may ignore some of the PKI support
the security risk document recommended--I would
think about adding that in, at least optionally).

A political problem is that it more or less dispenses with the BPSS
hooks (and so becomes choreography/flow/orchestration/process
independent). That may be feasible via the modularity doctrine,
however.

Would you be willing to cross post the example and schema
to ebXML-CPPA? Maybe a few words in support of a CPA-lite
could accompany the post?

Thanks,
Dale Moberg