Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] Conformance Profiles

You are correct that a Status-Request message for a non-reliable message
can still occur. However, I wanted the Conference level/profile to
reflect the recommendation of the spec (Section 7):

The Message Status Request Service consists of the following:
·	A Message Status Request message containing details regarding a
message previously sent is sent to a Message Service Handler (MSH)
·	The Message Service Handler receiving the request responds with
a Message Status Response message.
A Message Service Handler SHOULD respond to Message Status Requests for
messages that have been sent reliably and the MessageId in the
RefToMessageId is present in persistent storage (see section 6.1).
A Message Service Handler MAY respond to Message Status Requests for
messages that have not been sent reliably.

Since the behaviour of the Status Request Service is fairly well defined
when used in conjunction with Reliable Messaging, I felt that
Conformance Level 4 should reflect that. Now, we can add an additional
Conformance Level to reflect Message Status Service functionality when
Reliable Messaging is not present. I was trying to keep the number of
Conformance levels to a minimum, however, if we feel that the Message
Status Service(with non Reliable Messaging) will be widely used, then we
should add another Conformance level. Thanks for your feedback. Cheers!

Jeff Turpin
Cyclone Commerce, Inc.