Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] IIC Conf Call Monday,Sept 16th at 10:00AM PT (1 :00PM ET)

Title: IIC Conf Call Monday, August 12th at 10:00AM PT (1:00PM ET)
All:

Reminder:

Call Details:
Date                   Monday, Sept 16th, 2002
Pacific Time      10:00AM PT
Eastern Time    1:00PM ET
Dial-in number 1-877-434-7266 or 1-301-340-5190
Meeting ID#    32965 (ebXML)

See attached minutes of previous call.

On the agenda so far:

1. test Case material:
- finalizing : test errors, test case depndencies, mesg expressions syntax
- status on: CPA representation (and element referencing in mesg expressions)

2. Conformance Test suite:
- status on: currnent conversion of test reqs in detailed test cases.
- status on: conformance profiles (Jeff)

3. Interoperability Test suite:
- status on: recap sent out by Jacques on iic-interop list (a set of interop test cases
with test steps details, for initial profile(s))
- status on: comparison with UCC/DGI

4. Deployment templates:
- status on: template doc from Pete.
- input from EAN (Thomas?)

Minutes of IIC September 9, 2002
-------------------------------

Call info:
---------

Host: Fujitsu
Time: Monday Sept 9th, 10am Pacific
Toll free number: 1-877-801-2058
International Number:1-712-257-6652
Minute taker: Jacques Durand

Present:
--------

Mike Kass (NIST)
Jeff Eck (GXS)
Jaques Durand (Fujitsu)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Hatem El-Sebaaly (IPNet)
Steve Yung (Sun)
Aaron Gomez (DGI)
Mike Dillon (DGI)

Agenda:
-------

1.Test case material update (test steps specification, error handling)
2- Conformance Suite (CPA data, message material, conformance profiles)
3- Interoperability Suite (architecture of test harness, how to drive,
DGI comparison, interop profiles)
4- Deployment template (review of Pete latest sending, EAN-specific requirements)
5- External interope initiatives (ECOM, CEN-ISSS)

Minutes:
--------

1. Test Case Material: (Edited by Michael Kass)

- Mike reworked the error cases: 3 kinds (pre-cond failures, "optional" failures,
conformance failures.)
- the references to header elements in message expressions will use variables:
($ notation)
- initial values for such variables will be automatically initialized  by latest
message material received (then variables can be reused by subsequent steps).
(need to specify by XPath expr, which header elt they are associated with?)
- Still needs to decide on how to refer to CPA attributes in mesg expressions.
- dependencies across test cases: need to specify them (which test cases
are assumed passed prior to current one...) But we don't want to have to specify
too many anterior cases. Can we group by modules? and express depen dencies inside a
test module. (then, dependencies across modules?)
- Matt is going to propose a "simpler CPA": subset for MSH.

2. Conformance suite:

- Conformance Profiles? discussion going on by mail. Jeff submitted some
candidate profiles. Jacques: A small number of profiles is preferred.
Jeff will propose some consolidation.

3. MS Interoperability Suite:

- test harness: can we assume that interoperability needs be demonstrated
at Test Service level only? (no sniffing on wire necessary?) Consensus:
for this releaase, we should assume this. Most, if not all wire-level tests
are really relevant to conformance.
- So this means that interoperability contract is really at application level
(not requiring monitoring the wire, or MSH internals).
UCC/DGI do not require anymore lookup of HTTP log.
- UCC/DGI perspective: idea is that participants will validate themselves, by
mutual "agreement".
- SyncReply: mode is async by default, for most UCC/DGI in their new version.
(same as for IIC). Sun will actually not even support sync HTTP?
User demand is mostly on async side.
- Steve will flesh out his test cases with detail of test steps, for
initial Interop profiles.
- Need to finalize basic interop profiles (Hatem, Steve, Jacques)
- Hatem will write down a comparison IIC-DGI tests.

4. MS Deployment templates / EAN guidelines.

- Pete draft doc on template reviewed by jacques, by the time these lines
are written (available on demand). Next updated version to go on our site.
- Some updates to Template: CPA data needs be covered.
The overall format will be converted in a table-like format.

5. External initiatives.

- ECOM: will compare current version of our interop tests, with their own.
(got a formal cooperation proposal from IIC, proposing to cooperate on:
(1) Getting input on what features should belong to a common baseline
of messaging interoperability testing,
(2) Defining advanced interoperability profiles that meet the needs of
[ECOM] business community, and working on a formal definition of the corresponding
tests cases, based on IIC test case definition material,
(3) Sharing experiences on practical aspects in B2B testing, including
the finalization of a test driver architecture that would process the test suites.

- CEN/ISSS: next conf call with OASIS either Friday 13, or week after.

Reminders:
---------

- Next teleconference planned for Monday, September 16th, 10am Pacific time.
Now will be weekly until we wrap-up our specs.

Jacques Durand
ebXML IIC chair