Subject: [ebxml-iic] ebMS Deployment Guide Template Draft 0.2

Attached is a draft of the Deployment Guide Template, as discussed in
recent calls.  Its purpose is to assist user communities (such as
industry groups) in specifying how ebXML Messaging is to be used within
that community, to meet differing business requirements and to foster
interoperability.  EAN.UCC will be among the first to use/validate this
template.  When filled in completely, the result is a Deployment Guide.

Jacques has already provided some good initial feedback; in the next
draft, I will incorporate his suggestions.  At the moment, they are just
noted for future reference.

Please review the document and comment.  In particular:

1. Did I catch all "SHOULD" and "RECOMMENDED" options?  Are all
questions appropriate?  What else needs to be asked?

2. Identify items that are subject to CPA (and/or BPSS), and note them.
  (I have done this in some places.)  Organizations may still wish to
use this template to influence choices that can be made in a CPA, or
which they may instead specify in BPSS, but they should be made aware of
the overlaps that exist.

3. Optional: Provide descriptive text for each item, discussing the
ramifications of choices that can be made.  For which is an answer
mandatory?  Where the MS spec makes recommendations as to certain
options, note that as well.

--Pete
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
SeeBeyond