Subject: Wenzel [ebxml-iic] 10/7/2002: Deployment Guide Template Draft 0.3

Good effort, Pete.  On some of the busines level requirements, I could
see that the security, reliability, and other parameters may vary
according to the trust level with the corresponding trading partners or
the sensitivity of the information being exchanged.  Therefore, on the
question regarding security policies, I would ask if they are variable
or identified at a lower level, by role, by partner connection, etc.

If you ask for parameters related to BPSS, I would ask for an associated
document in all cases because the inclusion of this information may make
the template lengthy and hard to follow.  When we integrate BPSS further
in the future, I would think we may get to this level of specificity
then.

Thanks, Pete.
Monica J. Martin
Program Manager
Drake Certivo, Inc.
208.585.5946

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Wenzel [mailto:pete@seebeyond.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 6:30 PM
To: ebXML IIC
Cc: Thomas Bikeev
Subject: [ebxml-iic] Deployment Guide Template Draft 0.3

Progress on this document has been a bit slower than hoped, but I have
incorporated most of the comments received to date.  It is now divided
into two major sections.

The Business Level section contains the high-level requirements of a
trading community's business processes.  Some of the items here may be
skipped if BPSS or similar format is used to express the BPs, in which
case the information may be redundant.  It seems quite short, but most
questions must be answered for each process, and the security and
reliable messaging profiles selected directly affect many of the items
in the detailed Technical Level section that follows.  (This exactly
reflects the progression of specificity from BOV to FSV and IFV in UMM.)

--Pete
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
SeeBeyond
Standards & Product Strategy