Subject: [ebxml-iic] FreebXML

Group,

Sorry for my spotty attendance to this TC lately, my "real" job has
been getting in the way of devoting as much time as I'd like to this
work.

Monica asked me to fill in the TC on FreebXML and act as liaison to
that group, which I can do.  Basically, FreebXML wants to be a center
of attention for open source ebXML implementations, much like the
Apache Software Foundation's "Jakarta" project aims to be the center of
Java open-source infrastructure components.  The steering committee,
of which I am a member, is made up of a group of ebXML vendors, and key
project contributors.  The ebXML vendors see value in the site because
it broadens the ebXML audience, thus increasing the ebXML market size,
just as xml.apache.org has for Java and Web Services.

There has been discussion among the FreebXML SC on linking to IIC
specifications, or TestDriver implementations.  I would hope that
anyone implementing the TestDriver would consider making it a FreebXML
project, and I would be happy to serve as a conduit for that discussion.

I you have any specific questions about FreebXML, please do not
hesitate to ask them.

Regards,

Matt