Subject: [ebxml-iic] Reminder: Next call Monday Jan 27: update of agenda

Title: Next call Monday Jan 27
All:

An important note: after reading more carefully the OASIS TC process (Web page, "TC process" Section 2(a)),
it appears that we are NOTsubject to the formal 30-day / non-modification review period for voting a TC specification.
This is only required when going from TC spec to OASIS standard.
Not for getting to the "TC spec" status.
(as written on OASIS page, it is misleading as this procedure is described under
the "Approval of a Committee Specification"  section, though it is relevant to the next section.)

As a consequence, we have much more flexibility on the TC spec process than we thought:

- we should be able to vote our specs as TC specs after a shorter review period, i.e. before 30 days.

- we do not need to "vote" for entering the TC review period. It will be up to the editors to put their drafts
for review when they consider it ready. I expect this to happen this Monday for TestFramework, Interop suite,
and Deployment template + EAN-UCC instance...

- We can do updates during the review period (though the editors should control this carefully).
If no major defect is found, we can expect a vote after ~2 weeks review, for deciding TC spec status.

So this Monday will be mostly about whether the spec drafts can be open for review within TC,
i.e. our editors will tell us if their drafts are ready or not for this review.

"The approval of a Committee Specification shall require at least 2/3 of the total membership of a
TC voting to approve and no more than 1/4 voting to disapprove..."