Subject: [ebxml-iic] IMPORTANT NOTE (and next call)

Title: IMPORTANT NOTE (and next call)

All:

As we are getting close to voting for TC specifications,
we need to make sure we'll get the voting turn-out that is required,
or else we need to update our membership list.

Indeed, the rule for voting TC specs, is more severe regarding attendance than
for routine votes: it requires that 2/3 of the *total* membership must approve
(unlike normal votes that require simply a majority of a quorum, i.e.  just of those attending)

If you are currently listed as IIC member (see our current list on our Web page), but have
failed to attend 2 out of 3 last meetings (and several times...), I will send you a warning.

When you receive my warning, your options are:

(a) either resign from IIC. Note that this could be temporary until you can commit more time to the work
(i.e. at least, meeting attendance).
After you get the warning, resignation is automatic if you don't attend the next meeting...

(b) attend from now on, at least 2 of every 3 consecutive meetings. For information, these meetings
will be now weekly again (every Monday 10am PT, 1 hour) until we vote the specs we are currently
preparing (TestFramework, MS Basic Interop test suite, MS Deployment Template), vote that I expect
to take place end of February, as we are currently reviewing these, and probably before, for
the Deployment Template.

So I understand that people are busy, but the voting rules for TC specs are such that
we need to make sure we'll have the right turn-out the day we vote,
with voters informed enough about the specs.

--------------------------- next meeting: --------------------

Host: CycloneCommerce (Jeff Turpin)
Time: Monday Feb 3rd., 10AM Pacific, 1PM East coast, etc.
US: 1-866-257-0472
International: 720.587.0509
Code: *6271676*

Agenda:
1. Review / Comments on Deployment Template (Pete Wenzel) and the EAN instance (Thomas Bikeev)
2. Status and review of the MS Basic Interoperability test suite, proposed updates (editor: Steve Yung)
3. External initiatives, (eBES, OAG/NIST...) and PR (JMT)  (Monica)

jacques Durand
Chair