Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] ebMS Deployment Guide Template 24 Feb

> One comment I would downplay: COnversation IDs are actually
> implementation-dependent,
> and there is no detailed spec requirement on their format.
> (Nothing even prevents some MSH to open these to application level,
> as the app decides of conversation boundaries.)
> So I believe it still makes sense for the Template to provide a way
> to specify if convId is expected to follow some format or rules, if
> needed.

This comment comes from Matt with his XML Global-the-ebMS-vendor hat
on.  I know we employ a specific algorithm to generate conversation ids,
and I don't see what benefit would be derived from allowing that to be
configurable beyond including a domain name or something.  The KISS
principle applies here, I think.

-Matt