Subject: [ebxml-iic] vote result

Title: vote result

All:

I apologize for the delay in communicating the vote:
I took time to doublecheck in the "New" Robert's Rules of Order that the Chair (I) could vote, which is allowed
in the present case (see bottom).

The result is as follows:
(2/3 of total membership have to approve, which means today, 8 members).

Deployment Template as TC specification: 8 members approve, 4 abstain, over 12 total: PASSED.
Test Framework as TC specification: 5 members approve, 1 objects, 6 abstain, over 12 total: FAILED.

My comments:

1. Congratulation Pete and those working and improving lately the Deployment Template:
Now we need the EAN instance to adjust to its current state, and we'll put it for
vote if possible end of this week.

2. Our Test Framework editor had uncovered, at the last minute, some flaw in the spec he believes
is significant (an unspecified feature) and improper to an errata, which certainly did cast doubt on the
readiness of the spec (and which explains his vote!)
As the vote was started, it was out of question to stop it, but it was OK to communicate concerns.
Mike will propose an update (V1.0 revision 1), which we should hopefully put to
email vote this Friday evening, for closing at the f-2-f (Thursday).
He will also address other comments from others.

3. If we make enough progress on the CPA data for the Interop test suite, we'll put it
to vote also end of this week. More on this soon.

Here is the publication of individual votes, which allows everyone to verify the result:

NAME: Deployt Template spec (yes/no/abst), Test Framework spec (yes/no/abst).

Eck, Jeffrey: yes, yes
Durand, Jacques: yes, yes
Kass, Michael: yes, no
MacKenzie, Matthew: yes, yes
Turpin, Jeff: yes, yes
Mukkamala, Himagiri: yes, abst
Wenzel, Pete: yes, yes
Yung, Steve: abst, abst
Hatem El-Sebaaly: abst, abst
 Martin, Monica J.: yes, abst
 Van Lydegraf, Eric: abst, abst
Gomez Aaron: abst, abst

Robert's Rules, Article X, #58:
 "If the chair is a member of the assempbly, he or she is entitled to vote when the vote is by ballot
(but not after the tellers have begun to count the ballots), and in all other cases where the vote would
change the result." [NOTE: I acted here as the "teller", but normally we should have a mechanism that forces
the chair to better comply with the restriction in parenthesis...In any case, the Deplt Template vote was
a "change result" case.]

I counted "abst" those who have not sent emails.