Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] next meeting Monday (agenda), and vote result

Title: next meeting Monday (agenda), and vote result
Dear all,

In response to the item (B) in the agenda, I would like to raise some discussion thoughts and points about the BPSS testing. I also attached a yet to published paper summarizing NIST Testbed and test requirements in the B2B environment (questions and comments are accepted).

1. For the BPSS testing we want to test the correct choreography implemenation, BPSS parameters (as related to choreography) implementation. By choreography, I mean the ability to interact and maintaining the state of collaboration correctly. Does this pretty much capture the BPSS testing requirements at the very abstract level?

2. Those parameters related to MSH settings is likely to be factored out (such as confidentiality - if you look at the attached paper we discussed the vertical testing from the technology perspective. I think that this kind of configuration parameters fall into such vertical test. Here we are interested only in the horizontal test). Does this make sense?

3. I think that if we can formalize the BPSS semantics model (again only the choreography part) we should be able to write test requirements for BPSS. I also think that these test requirements will be associated with a few simple BPSS scenarios. BOD testing will be separated from choreography checking. Although in BPSS testing we may need some simple BOD to create desired scenario for testing, e.g., one that cause negative result. Does this make sense?

I will update our collaboration with Korean testbed about this matter.

Thank you,
Serm

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 4:44 PM

All:

I am pleased to (belatedly) announce that the two following specifications
have been voted Technical Committee specifications:

- The Basic Interoperability Test Suite Specification V1.0 (for ebMS V2.0): APPROVED (yes:10, no:0, abstain:1)
- The EAN-UCC instance: APPROVED (yes:10, no:0, abstain:1)
We still need to format these to the official OASIS doc style: each editor will do that.
(Mike: you can ask Pete on the "cleanest" way to do that.),
and I will post them soon on site (apologies for the messy web page: it has not been cleaned up yet
after the move to Kave system, will do)

Detail of the votes is (as a chair, I decided to not vote as there was no tie,
though I could have given it is an email ballot).
For BIP spec / EAN-UCC spec:

Eck, Jeffrey    yes/yes
Tim Sakach      yes/yes
Kass, Michael   yes/yes
MacKenzie, Matthew      yes/yes
Turpin, Jeff    yes/yes
Mukkamala, Himagiri     yes/yes
Wenzel, Pete    yes/yes
Yung, Steve     yes/yes
Hatem El-Sebaaly        yes/yes
 Martin, Monica J.      yes/yes
  Van Lydegraf, Eric    on leave
Gomez Aaron     abs/abs

2. Next IIC meeting: this Monday Apr 21, 11am PT , updated agenda:

Host: Fujitsu
Toll free: 1-877-801-2058
Intl Number:1-712-257-6652
Passcode: 309951

----------- Agenda:
(A). Wrapping up our TC specs, publishing and formatting issues,
references to associated material (e.g. test scripts docs).
- how to publicize this, leverage JMT, make OASIS press-release? (Monica)

(B). TestFramework, using it for more than MS testing:
- what is missing for extending to BPSS (Serm K., Tim S., Mike)
- for testing Registry? for integrating CPPA?
- making it more versatile: SOAP vs. ebXML configurable?

(C)- Update on current Implementation work for the TestFramework:
o TestFramework, update on implementation (Mike Kass, DrakeCertivo/Tim Sakach)
o Koran work and demo at OAG: KwareSoft Inc.
o status/availability of these efforts (ref implementation? open source?)
o .NET adapters for ebXML:

(D)- Test Center initiatives of eBES, OAG-NIST, ECOM, and which role IIC could play :
o recent interop tests from ECOM.
o promoting IIC test suites / test framework? Act as coordination between these centers,
e.g. for common interoperability baseline?
o Update on OAG-NIST meeting Apr 15-17,

(E)- ebXML MS conformance test suites:
o restarting the work on this: status, what remains to be done (Mike, Jacques).

(F) London face-to-face:
- agenda
- who can go?

eBizConference_final.doc