Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] next call Monday 9th

Title:

....Time: Monday June 9th, 11am PT

....Agenda:

....1. Status on external related activities
- A word on the strategic aspect of global MS interop testing (Rik Drummond):
requirements/purpose, logistics, test suites (role of BIP?), IP issues, market.
- others? (eBES, ITG)

mm1: I will be on an airplane at the time of the meeting, so here is a bit of an update here.  I would suggest we ask Rick Drummond to attend the meeting and indicate his suggestions.  I think his concern/desire is to encourage consistency globally for interoperability testing as well as to ensure that the testers have gone through the rigor  so they are qualified to test 'components under test.' I understand he may have some questions/concerns about the test framework although please ask Rik.

In addition, if the worldwide testing is based on a set of basic concepts like the test framework, that is a first step.  I also believe we are seeing - profiles of testing that are more indicative of regional norms, process preferences, and differences in business operations (such as the marketplace requirements see for eBES).

Perhaps we could schedule a meeting or two with eBES and then AITG to see how we could understand their requirements and ideas.  I also suggest Rik give us a short description of his desires with some specifics.

....3. Test suites for other specs:
- BPSS testing (Serm)
- review / comments on the "test requirements guidelines" (Monica).

mm1: I have provided comments to Serm, and they are attached.  I do believe as with the BIP we see patterns and categories for testing.  For example, we have a group of tests related to business signals, interaction between the BSI and the application, choreography, etc.  These are like classifications or categories.  Then, again, we have patterns of testing that includes start, state transitions, choreography (sequence of events), etc.

Serm, if you wish to provide other details to my comments, please do so to the list.

Thanks.

ebXML BPSS Test Requirement 2003-05-19_mm1_060203.xls