Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] Latest MS Conformance Documents

Title: RE: [ebxml-iic] Latest MS Conformance Documents

Mike, Monica:

I am not sure if we should have all the current status on
test centers, and interop initiatives (KorBIT/POSTECH, ITG, OAGI, NIST...)
in this document, at least I am questioning this in the introduction.
I see the following issues in having this material in intro of MS conformance:
- these are mostly related to interoperability, for now. But this is a conformance test suite.
- we do not have yet assurance of these entities committing yet to do conformance testing,
at least the way we recommend it. It would be embarrassing if any of these choose later to
do conformance in another way than IIC...
- as a spec document, it is delicate to use names of companies / orgs that are supposed to
either implement the spec, or provide requirements. It was OK for the MS interop suite,
as our objective was openly to design a common test base (subset of each.), and there was
already material out there that we could not ignore.
- unlike interop suites, which are admittedly more dependent on user requirements, conformance
is driven mostly by the spec.
- we may forget to mention some of the players...

We may want to add more explicitly an "application" section, where we abstractly refer to
the context of test centers, and how we fit in, or how we expect such a test suite to be used.
(though we did that in the Test Framework I think). We may also expand on how complementary
conformance and interop suites are. The notion of "profiles", and our choices here,
may be explained here. If we still believe concrete initiatives need be mentioned, that could be in
an appendix.
But that is my opinion... we can discuss this further.