Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] Proposed extension to include document processing in IIC framework

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Sakach" <tsakach@certivo.net>
To: <ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 4:16 PM
Subject: [ebxml-iic] Proposed extension to include document processing in
IIC framework

The proposal is to extend the <FileURI> semantics in
<PutMessage><SetPayload>. If the file's extension is a stylesheet, then the
test driver will obtain the stylesheet from the URI and transform a message
in the MessageStore and then set the payload of the current PutMessage to
the resulting xml.

<PutMessage>
    <SetPayload>
        <FileURI>Purchase2Confirmation.xsl</FileURI>
    </SetPayload>
</PutMessage>

<<<<<serm>>>>>Tim, are the proposal above and below alternatives with the
same desired functionality? If so, I prefer the top one. However, it looks
like the bottom approach provides more targeted mutation. My question about
the top approach is how the test driver know which payload to apply the XSL
file. Also, I think instead of relying on the file extension to determine
the mutation, should we consider instead using an attribute to the FileURI
to tell the test driver exactly what to do with the message.
<<<<<<</serm>>>>>>>>

Doing this would allow the test driver to create a response message that
contains run time data, not static default data from base files. This would
also eliminate the extensive use of <SetParameter> that would be needed to
simulate the same behavior. Using static base xml files is still an option
since the proposed change is an extension.

Using stylesheets would also allow the test driver to create mutated and
malformed response messages based on the incoming message. However, a
<ModifyPayload> instruction with XUpdate support can also be added to the
framework to accomplish the task of modifying a payload after it is has been
imported.

<PutMessage>
    <SetPayload>
        <FileURI>ConfirmationBase.xml</FileURI>
    </SetPayload>
    <ModifyPayload>
        <XUpdate>xupdatemutationfile.xml</XUpdate>
        <UseParameter>
            <Name>MyParam</Name>
            <Value>Xpath to change or static value</Value>
        </UseParameter>
    </ModiyPayload>
</PutMessage>

The XUpdate or UseParameter operation would be performed after the
SetPayload instruction.

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-iic/members/leave_workgroup.php.