Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] about 3.5 in spec

Title: about 3.5 in spec
Mike:

Front page should show right date, and also version
(and it is called now a "Committee Draft" V0.95)

Comments mostly on the "parameters", which was the main remaining issue:

---------------------------------
3.3.2: Message content parameters - Preceded with a '$' symbol, these parameters represent dynamic message content used to both construct an ebXML message as well as evaluate returned message conformance. These parameters and their description are listed in section 3.5.2.

>should be : "...are listed in section 3.5.1"

---------------------------------
3.3.2: we need to say a word on the notion of "test step".  We can reuse def from Test Framework 3.3.1, e.g.:
"A Test Case is a sequence of Test Steps. A Test Step is an aggregate of one or more operations on the implementation under test. A Test Step usually involves a single message sending or receiving operation, plus some data verification, like checking or enforcing a condition on message header.  A Test Step may also include conditional actions that are a basis for the execution of the assertion within the Test Step itself."
---------------------------------
About parameters: we should get rid of $CPAId:
testcase_27.4: "eb:CPAId=$CPAId " , why not refer to one of our predefined CPAId ike in other test cases?
Same for 27.5 and other places. I guess we can do without $CPAId.
---------------------------------

Table of parameters in 3.5.1 below need a few words about *when* these parameters are set, as the expressions where they are used assume they are set,
and we should get rid of those that are unused.

CPAId (suggest to get rid of)

Reference to one of 13 MSH configuration instances described in section 3.5.3

ConversationId

As defined in [ebMS]. Represents the ConversationId associated with a particular test case (will remain the same for all test steps of the test case).

Service (not used here)

For this abstract test suite:  urn:ebxml:iic:test

Action (not used here)

As defined in [ebMS]

SenderParty (instead of using a parameter, e.g. in test case #90, can't we just directly refer to the From/PartyId element in the received message? Same for multi-hop test cases)

The From/PartyId message value

ReceiverParty (not used here)

The To/PartyId message value

MessageId (we still have expressions with some of these left: I thought we decided to get rid of them)

As defined in [ebMS]

RefToMessageId

As defined in [ebMS]. Represents the message ID value of the message that was manipulated in the previous test step, e.g. of the latest message sent or received.

The parameterized example in Sec 3.5.2 should not show parameters that are not used in the test suite.