Subject: [ebxml-iic] 9/30/2003: 2003 Scenario Abstract

I received the input from NCA (Thank you), and had one change to
accommodate the possible Reg/Rep type test.  I have not received other
meet the deadline constraints.  I am sure we can work on this over time
to evolve the scenario to accommodate the participating parties.

> ==================================================================================================
>
> Testing is instrumental for a successful implementation and deployment
> of inter-enterprise eBusiness standards. B2B testbeds are enabling
> instruments to:
>  - Assure and assess quality of emerging standards
>  - Promote standards adoption in the vendor products and by users
>  - Validate conformance of the products to standards
>  - Validate interoperability between the vendor products and their
> implementations.
> To meet these business needs and instill business confidence, the
> OASIS ebXML  Implementation, Interoperability and Conformance (IIC)
> developed the ebXML Test Framework v.1.0.  In the first release, this
> framework defined a test suite for ebXML Messaging Service (ebMS)
> basic interoperability - for conformance and interoperability testing
> - and is continuing its work to provide test specifications for other
> ebXML and industry payload specifications.
>
> In this real-business scenario, the ebXML IIC and complementary test
> suites will exercise key elements of the ebXML Test Framework
> including conformance and interoperability for remote and local
> reporting modes.  In addition, the IIC has defined connection and
> service mode for the using the Test Driver and Test Service
> components.  The ebXML IIC is collaborating with test suite groups
> worldwide, from United States to South Korea to Europe.
>
> This real-world test scenario may involve complementary tests, such as:

    * A supply chain where a buyer or supplier - a marketplace product,
      process engine, or message handler service - must test an upgrade
      with their solutions as well as with their customers. The
      enhancements will then be integrated into production operations.
    * Providing access to services or objects via a Registry to support
      the supply chain operations.