Subject: minutes, and more

Title: minutes, and more

All:

1. Attached, minutes for two previous meetings.

2. IMPORTANT: for XML demo 2003, OASIS will be strict on membership rules
for participants: your company needs to be a member in order to demo its product.
Let me  and Monica know if you are not clear here.
OASIS will not mention non-members on their promo material.

3. or our next call (Monday 24), let me know if we have a volunteer for hosting the call.
Fujitsu is willing to host, but from now on, the call will no longer be toll free.
So let me know.

<<IIC_November_17_03_Minutes.txt>>

IIC Conference Call Minutes:
Monday, November 10 and 17, 2003

Attendance:

Serm Kulvatunyou (NIST)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Mike Kass (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Jin Hwa (NCA/Korea)
Monica Martin (Sun)
Steve Yung (Sun)
Hyunbo Cho (PosTech/ Korea)

excused:
Tim Sakach (DrakeCertivo)

Minutes taker: Jacques Durand

Time: Monday November 10 & 17, 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll Free - : 1-800-251-6413
Toll - : 1-913-905-1400
Participant code: 598136

Agenda:

1. Test Framework: (Mike Kass)
- status of updates in progress.
- outline proposed solutions for major items (a)(b)(c) identified in last minutes.
- Define our position regarding: message independance, backward compatibility,
use of 3rd party tools.

2. XML 2003 Dec 7: demos (Monica)
- more details on demo scenarios and participation of IIC-related demo candidates: NCA, DrakeC, NIST.
- possible demo from Korbit / Dr. Cho

3. Other ebXML work:
- new JC: compatibility matrix for versions of various ebXML components.
- Global interop testing.
- Status on conformance test suites for BPSS / RR.

1. Test Framework

- Mike released a draft for 1.1 Test Framework (TFk ), and new errata, to review.
- Three major upgrade areas(a)(b)(c) will be addressed in next Test Framework upgrade,
which is slated for end of January:

(a) keeping the design independent from ebXML material under test:

- Mike: the schema is now open-up, allows other types. (wildcard content)
- templates + XSLT are used to manipulate declarations and message material.
- COnfiguration: name/value pairs. Elements such as CPAId will not be hardcoded
anymore in the schema.
- ebMS V2.0 syntax will not be forced to the message and config material processed
by the Test Framework (i.e. not hardcoded in TFk 1.1 design.)
- question: should the config data be out of the test suite doc? Jacques prefers it
to be considered as part of a test suite, a suite package being self contained.

(b) improve control flow of test cases:

- Need to decide how far we'll go in supporting the following:
- exception handling (associating an event/message, with a sequence of test steps)(Tim)
- better branching capabilities (e.g. looping).
- need to be able to run concurrent sequences (threads) of test steps in a test case,
to mimic process collaborations.
- in all of these, the execution of a test step may be triggered by a particular event
(message reception, timeout...). The chaining of test steps may also use correlation
links that allow for interleaved message events.
- Serm/Monica: will provide requirement input, verify if testing BSI and processes,
requires some parallel branching.

(c) enhanced message manipulation (payload, header):
- promote message templates with "mutation operators". (XSLT, XPath)
- consensus on: 3rd party tools and dialects such as XPath, XSLT can be explicitly
referred to in normative parts, as they are broadly available tools and accepted standards.
- other more specialized tools (XUpdate, SChematron) should be pluggable, but not
required by a conforming implementation of TFk .
- discussion on how these should be referred in the spec. They could have the status
of non-normative appendices, providing guidelines for how to plug-in. (like "bindings"
in protocol specs). However, the core TFk design must design "extensibility" points.

2. Demo XML 2003

- Urgent: Monica needs to know very quickly people/companies demonstrating.
- Only OASIS members can demo and mention products.
- Demo is Tuesday Dec 9th, 1:30 to 2:30pm.
- Demo is 1 hour: tentatively 4 parts, ~15mn each)
(1) Mike Kass will chair the demo, do an initial presentation of the Test Framework,
status of implemntations.
(2) NCA has sent revised demo scenario (fixed figures). Demo plans:
partial ebMS conformance + partial RegRep conformance.
(3) DrakeCertivo (to confirm participation) can demo:
testing solution for OAG (BODs / collaboration),  using ebXML messaging.
Also have partial ebMS conformance testing.
BOD testing involves XML schema and business rules (schematron).
(4) Postech / Korea (Korbit): Dr. Cho mentioned interest in demonstrating Korbit
Test Framework implementation.
- Postech Demo will need remote connectivity, so Monica will verify we'll have that
(wireless LAN should be sufficient). So far other demos are standalone.
- Monica will ask for complementary room, for IIC preparation.
- Dr. Cho described role of his group in KIEC  (elec commerce) with ebMS certification,
security. Also ITG (Interop Test Group, Asia). Postech will co-demonstrate with NIST
after XML 2003 (Dec 12), in a demo involving Korea +US partners. That will be "live"
testing requiring remote connectivity to Korea (as opposed to standalone).
This is roughly the demo he proposes for XML 2003. If logistics does not permit it,
Cho will only do a presentation.
- Dr. Cho needs to straighten up his OASIS membership status (individual is enough for now)
- we need to confirm with Tim about Drake C. participation.
- Monica: bring your own power strip, in case. They will have
extension cords, the projector and the screen.
- Members of the INTEROP get free exhibition passes but if you want
to attend classes you must register and pay the conference fees.
- no deadline for sending demo presentations ahead, though Monica will check
if sending ahead could help get the slide material on Web site.
- Mike needs material from other presentor, and from Jacques (from XML Europe).

3. Other ebXML work: deferred