Subject: reminder call today 2pm PT, (NOTE call info!) , last minutes

Title: reminder call today 2pm PT, (NOTE call info!) , last minutes

Today's call:

Time: Monday Dec 1, 2pm-3pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll - :  1-512-225-3050
Participant code: 89772

*****************************
(NOTE this call is NOT toll free... and is different from what we have used before)
*****************************

Agenda:

1. XML 2003 Dec 9: demos (Monica)
- logistics, status of Korbit / KIEC participation.
- review / comments on Mike slides
- what each participant will show, demo scenarios, overall choreography.

2. Test Framework: (Mike Kass)
- review latest updates from Mike, status.
- continue discussion on:
o profile defs: a separate doc referring directly to test cases, rather than to test reqs?
o usage of message templates in connection mode vs. service mode.
o control flow enhancements
o plug-in validation and update XML tools and script languages (what status in spec)
o should there be some predefined templates in Appendix for ebMS.
o backward compatibility?
o enforcing partial order over test reqs / test cases.

3. Other info items:
- new JC: compatibility matrix for versions of various ebXML components.
- plans for ebXML interop testing and demo inEurope
(OASIS + ETSI + CEN/ISSS + EAN ..)

<<IIC_November_24_03_Minutes.txt>>

IIC Conference Call Minutes:
Monday, November 24, 2003

Attendance:

Mike Kass (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Jin Hwa (NCA/Korea)
Monica Martin (Sun)
Tim Sakach (DrakeCertivo)

excused:
Serm Kulvatunyou (NIST)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Steve Yung (Sun)

Minutes taker: Jacques Durand

Time: Monday November 24, 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll Free - : 1-800-251-6413
Toll - : 1-913-905-1400
Participant code: 598136

Agenda:

1. XML 2003 Dec 9: demos (Monica)
- remaining issues, logistics, status of Korbit / KIEC participation.
- finalize the overall demo structure (participants, general scenarios covered.)
- do we need plan B due to last minute uncertainties?

2. Test Framework: (Mike Kass)
- review latest updates from Mike, status.
- refine what should be in Rev 1.1, try to reach agreement on:
        o enhanced control flow for test cases,
        o our position regarding backward compatibility,
        o "extensibility": use of 3rd party tools, how they plug-in.

3. Other info items:
- plans for ebXML interop testing and demo inEurope
(OASIS + ETSI + CEN/ISSS + EAN ..)
- new JC: compatibility matrix for versions of various ebXML components.

1. Test Framework

- Main changes from Mike:
- config group: now uses set of name/value pairs.
- SetParameter op, for payload mutation (uses XSLT templates?)
- 3rd party tools and dialects, e.g. XSLT, XUpdate, can be added.
- Lynne Rosenthal: such extensibility features  can be normative appendices.
- schema has been modified.
- today, Test Reqs have a forward reference to Test Cases. Tim mentioned DC
developers sees this as optimization. But we decide that we should not
have this double referencing: test reqs should stand by themselves, not
refer test cases, which may change. One reasons for this was the definition
of possibly several conformance profiles, which were identified as
subsets of test reqs. Jacques mentions that it is OK to have standalone
test suites for each profile. Possibly, a new doc different from test reqs,
could identify a test suite asssociated with a profile.
- enforcing partial order over test reqs / test cases? That is different from
the "pre-requisite" notion.
- usage of XSLT: for generating headers. Need to parameterize.
- we would have XSLT "libs": e.g. one for ebMS, another for RNIF.
- issue about different semantics of test driver operations, depending
on the configuration: connection mode vs. service mode. How to use XSLT
for interop tests?

2. Demo XML 2003

- Postech still not confirmed (need to resolve OASIS membership, also possible
steep connection fee for remote demo).
- Mike introduction: two purposes (1) basics of the test framework, (3) introduce
each demo scenario. Needs list of test reqs from NCA.
- NCA will try demo partial conformance of both ebMS, and RegRep.
- Tim: DC will only demo OAG test suite, not the partial ebMS conformance.
- We'll ask OASIS a room for rehearsal.
- Mike to send out slides.