Subject: Next call this Monday, minutes

Title: Next call this Monday, minutes

All:

1. Minutes Dec 15 below.

2. Reminder Tim and Serm: your (written?) thoughts on control flow
upgrades for Test Framework are welcome for next meeting...

3. Next meeting this Monday:
Time: Monday December 22, 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll - :  1-512-225-3050
Participant code: 89772

Agenda:

1. Test Framework: (Mike Kass)
- review latest updates from Mike, status.
- discuss Rev 1.1 upgrades:
      o enhanced control flow for test cases (branching, exceptions),
        o do we need more test step operators
      o "extensibility": use of 3rd party tools, how they plug-in.

2. Applying the test framework:
- Report on current events being planned in Europe (ETSI)
- how can we promote / configure our test suites and framework for future
interop events?
- Global interop testing.
- Next events (XML Europe 2004, Apr 18-21, Amsterdam)

3. Others
- Compatibility matrix for versions of various ebXML components (Jacques).

-------------------------------------

<<IIC_December15_03_Minutes.txt>>

IIC Conference Call Minutes:
Monday, December 15, 2003

Attendance:

Mike Kass (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Jin Hwa (NCA/Korea)
Tim Sakach (DrakeCertivo)
Serm Kulvatunyou (NIST)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Steve Yung (Sun)

excused:
Monica Martin (Sun)

Minutes taker: Jacques Durand

Time: Monday December 15, 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll - :  1-512-225-3050
Participant code: 89772

Agenda:

1. XML 2003 feedback

2. Test Framework: (Mike Kass)
- review latest updates from Mike, status.
- refine what should be in Rev 1.1, try to reach agreement on:
        o enhanced control flow for test cases,
        o our position regarding backward compatibility,
        o "extensibility": use of 3rd party tools, how they plug-in.

3. Other info items:
- plans for ebXML interop testing and demo inEurope
(OASIS + ETSI + CEN/ISSS + EAN ..)
- new JC: compatibility matrix for versions of various ebXML components.

1. XML 2003 feedback

- There was good attendance at the Test Framework demo, which was a succcess.
All three implementations
were demoed (NCA, Drake C., NIST-Korbit). Korbit was a remote demo (remote implementation
under test).
- For a conference that is normally more focused on XML doc management and app integration,
the attention given to ebXML and Web Services was remarquable.
- what other conference more focused on B2B (more potential users) could be targeted?
Autotech was mentioned. There are also UCC-sponsored confs, e.g. SCM focused.
- Next possible event is XML Europe 2004, Apr 18-21, Amsterdam.

2. Test Framework

- Jacques: we target a Test Framework upgrade (1.1) for vote end of january.
All our immediate updates should fit in that schedule. So far, the work on
schema-independance, message material manipulations (based on templates and "mutators")
is already complete (draft level), and needs review.
- Mike will sent an updated errata this week, including input from Woo.
So far, docs available for review:
(a) T.Fk. 1.1 (consolidates Edits for all errata items),
(b) New schema, reflects potential changes
(c) errata sheet.
- Serm: an API for Test Service is missing, e.g. when initiating some Action.
Also in T Fk configurations, currently the communication Test Driver - Test Service
uses same channel as interop communication, e.g. when T Driver is remote.
This does not facilitate trouble shooting (error may be due to Driver-Service comm.)
Also need for more operations than just "Get" and "Put", e.g. for RM test cases.
- We need to keep the set of ops as minimal as possible: we may just need better timing control.
- Serm will write down / illustrate a short list of requirements for process flow control,
as expected to be needed to test processes and bus. transactions (BPSS level)
- Tim will also draft a short requirement and proposal for the need
for exception handling in test cases.
- Mike: we won't have backward compatibility. Efforts to upgrade are:
(a) test suites: not much effort.
(2) test framework impl.: more significant. E.g. need to integrate XSLT processor for
manipulating message material.

3. Other info items:

3.1 plans for ebXML interop testing and demo inEurope
(OASIS + ETSI + CEN/ISSS + EAN ..) :
- Jacques attended ebXML Asia. They have a certification program for ebMS.
The consortium decided that Global interoperability is an activity to pursue.
Its ITG group in it (Interoperability Task Group) will follow-up. NTT made a presentation
on Global interop testing, close to the one I also presented. These slides are
available to whoever asks for them.
- Also, on the European side, ETSI is following through with organizing an interop
event in Europe. Jacques attending calls, next Fri Dec 19, then ~Jan 20.
Possible conjunction with XML Europe Apr 18-21. Non-european vendors are welcome.
- For both these initiatives, IIC will promote its ebMS Basic Interop Profile test suite
and COnformance test suite
We need to follow-through with a proposal on how to architect such interop tests,
to deploy these suites, what usage of test framework could we propose, what implementation
can be made available, under which conditions.

3.2 ebXML Joint Committee: compatibility matrix for versions of various ebXML components.
That was an action item I took for myself in the name of IIC...
I sent this week to JC a first cut of proposal
(how to annotate versions in a standard way, how to specify dependencies and
compatibility across specs, across versions.) Anyone interested in reviewing?

4. Next meeting:.
Time: Monday 22, , 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll - :  1-512-225-3050